This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(NOT SOLVED. PENDING) Problem switching between open apps

gary.zw

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:49:13 am

When I switch between application I get a white screen
see picture---

Wolfman

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:38:35 am

Hi,

I get this too, sadly even what I thought was a fix for the problem hasn't really solved it, I assume you have an Nvidia graphics card!!.

See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2299

I realise that this is not really an answer for you but hopefully the Zorin devs will sort it soon!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

gary.zw

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:01:17 am

Yes it is a Nvidia graphics card. I just uninstalled the Nvidia drivers from the additonal driver and it fixed the problem but now my games don't work. I will try and install the drovers fromt the link you gave

Wolfman

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:03:48 am

Hi Gary,

I am going to try out Gnome Shell (despite being warned by the Zorin devs not to) and see if this solves the problem. I will get back to you within the hour!!.

gary.zw

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06:25 am

Ok I will await your response

gary.zw

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19:28 am

I installed the Nvidia drvers from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2299

Games work fine but the menu is blank and I get the white apps again when switching.

Wolfman

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22:32 am

Hi Gary,

just installed the Gnome shell and there is no change unfortunately :( :( :(

Like I said before, I hope the devs can work out what is causing the problem as it is a real let down for all Nvidia card owners including me!!.

gary.zw

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:42:00 am

That is too bad. Well I am going back to Ubuntu with gnome shell-- I have my system backed up with Redo Backup and Recovery. I will back up the Zorin 6 and restore Ubuntu-- I will watch these forums for updates when it is fixed I will restore Zorin. Thanks for your help--

Wolfman

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:49:01 am

Hi Gary,

sorry I couldn't give you better news. don't be a stranger even if you are going back to Ubuntu :D :D :D :D :D

I will mark this as "Pending a solution".

gary.zw

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:18:30 pm

Thanks Wolfman for your help. . I do not have the problem with Ubuntu 12.04, I use MATE 1.2, Cinimmon, Gnome Shell and Gnome 3 Desktops and never noticesd the problem. I have the Zorin Ulitmate Edition and really like it so I will watch for a fix.

BrickTop

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:02:37 pm

I just maximise/unmaximise a window to get it back. Not as it should be but its a workaround.

blfriis

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:34:22 am

I have the same problem but I just use superkey + tap

Wolfman

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:44:19 am

Hi chaps,

just to inform you all that I have once again asked the devs for a resolve to this problem and have also amended the Nvidia topic a little:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

I have an Nvidia card too and simply clicking 2 or 3 times on a window in the panel gets it back to normal!!. I know that it is not the best result at the moment and I hope the devs fix it!!.