This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Fullscreen problem while watching on youtube etc

jaxowarka

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29:13 am

When watching videos in full-screen on youtube the bar for rewinding, volume bars and all the buttons on the lower bar are inaccessible. What I mean is, I can see them but when I click on them nothing happens. Also, the full-screen is just blank, I can hear the sound but the screen is just black.

I have tried Chrome and firefox and they both have same symptoms.

My graphics card is nvidia gt330M, screen size 14" (16:9) .

I am looking forward to your comments.

Wolfman

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37:26 am

Hi,

try this first, if it doesn't help, get back to us:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2299

Also, have you fully updated your system:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

jaxowarka

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:04:56 pm

After the updates and the problem of the black screen has resolved, however now I cannot see the lower bar at all.
Any suggestions ?

Wolfman

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13:34 pm

Hi,

did you do a restart directly after the updates??.

See the third option in the Broken Files section:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

jaxowarka

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39:22 pm

Yes, I have restarted, also did the Broken files section. Still the same.

However, it turns out the problem is resolved when I change the look to Windows 7 ! I was on Gnome before.

But there is another problem which made me change to Gnome look in the fist place. In windows 7 look when I click on the skype icon on the lower menu bar, the menu appears for a split of a second and disappears. I need to click on it several times before the menu actually stays in one place.
Any suggestions to that ?

Also I actually prefer gnome 2 look to the windows 7... is there anything that can be done?

Thank you in advance.

Wolfman

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48:13 am

jaxowarka wrote:Yes, I have restarted, also did the Broken files section. Still the same.

However, it turns out the problem is resolved when I change the look to Windows 7 ! I was on Gnome before.

But there is another problem which made me change to Gnome look in the fist place. In windows 7 look when I click on the skype icon on the lower menu bar, the menu appears for a split of a second and disappears. I need to click on it several times before the menu actually stays in one place.
Any suggestions to that ?

Also I actually prefer gnome 2 look to the windows 7... is there anything that can be done?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

with Skype you must make sure that there is a tick in the box:

Skype options > General > Start Skype minimised in the tray

this should keep Skype in the panel!!.

For Nvidia problems:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

For media playback do you have the codecs packs installed, see the part about Medibuntu here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

and it is important that you install the package "non-free-codecs" after installing medibuntu.

For "Flash", open Synaptic and type flash in search and then add the suggested and recomended.