This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Date and Time Settings problem with Zorin OS 6 Core

xoopstr

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:12:05 am

Hello,

I'm using Zorin OS 6 core and I noticed that if you press on Date & Time Settings at the time area of gnome panel, System Settings will be opened instead of Date and Time settings.

There is also one more problem: If I changed the time format to 24H format at Date & Time Settings, gnome panel time section still shows the time as 12H format. This problem does not exist in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Best regards

xoopstr

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:25:58 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Interesting observation xoopstr. I tried to make changes and get the same result. I think because it is Gnome3, when you click on Time & Date Settings it launches system settings and then click on the Time and Date applet there. I turned off network time, changed from 24 hour to 12 hour, logged out and back again and the Z button disappeared and was replaced by the Ubuntu button! tried to revert back using menu preferences and no joy - it just crashes. I also noticed after changing a wallpaper and back to default, the themed system tray on the write of the AWN panel in Win7 look changed to a different theme!

like a maze puzzle ! :D

xoopstr

Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:14:56 am

I don't use Win7 look. I prefer Gnome 2 look with Docky dock bar at bottom and I removed taskbar at the bottom and Mac style window close-minimize-maximize buttons.

But I think this problem will be available with Win7 and Win XP looks.

On the other hand I have managed to change the time format to 24H.

I changed something about Language Support and regional settings which I changed from United States and United Kingdom. In United States settings both time formats are set to 12H. On United Kingdom regional settings, there are 12H and 24H formats. So when I switch to United Kingdom, and I can switch to 12H format. I need to logout and login.