This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Question

Ashir

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:31:48 pm

I have a question before I transfer to Linux.
When it says 'Download 32 bit' or 'Download 62 bit' does, say the 64 bit one, actually mean 'Download this only if your device is 64bit' or does it mean 'Download for the 64 bit version of Linux regardless of what your computer bit is at this time'?

Also, which one would you suggest? As I heard the 64 bit one has a few bugs?
Is there a way to switch back to Windows 7 Ultimate for free if I'm disappointed?
And another (sorry), is this a clean installation? As in, it will wipe all your existing files?
Thanks for the help.

Ashir

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:52:24 pm

Ok, but I read whilst searching for ways to change my 32 bit laptop to 64 bit that it's a change to do with your system I.E windows? Do you know of a way to change a 32 bit processor into a 64 bit one without it being a systematic change?

Thank you :)

Ashir

Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17:37 pm

And can any body answer the other questions? Thanks.

Wolfman

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21:29 am

Ashir wrote:Ok, but I read whilst searching for ways to change my 32 bit laptop to 64 bit that it's a change to do with your system I.E windows? Do you know of a way to change a 32 bit processor into a 64 bit one without it being a systematic change?

Hi,

if your PC is a 32 Bit system, the only way to change it is to install new hardware if you want 64 Bit.

You can use a 32 Bit OS on a 64 Bit PC but not vice-versa.

Regards Wolfman :D

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:09:28 am

Wolfman wrote:
Ashir wrote:Ok, but I read whilst searching for ways to change my 32 bit laptop to 64 bit that it's a change to do with your system I.E windows? Do you know of a way to change a 32 bit processor into a 64 bit one without it being a systematic change?

Hi,

if your PC is a 32 Bit system, the only way to change it is to install new hardware if you want 64 Bit.

You can use a 32 Bit OS on a 64 Bit PC but not vice-versa.

Nah it's not a problem I found out I have a 64 bit processor but just the 32 bit of Windows.
Thanks for the answer, could any one tell me;
1 - the download wipes all existing software i.e photoshop and if it's safe to do
2 - which one you would suggest, 64 bit or 32
3 - if there's a way to restore the system back to Windows for free
And
swarfendor437 wrote:2. If you install a 64-bit OS in your machine and you have another 32-bit machine whose hard drive dies, you won't be able to access a drive with 64-bit OS on it - not even the /home partition! (Learnt that the hard way!)

Not sure what this means?

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:12:26 am

Also, do you have to delete Window files or will Zorin do it for you? And can a member please move this to Help and Support, sorry put it n the wrong sub forum.

Wolfman

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:19:32 am

Hi Ashir,

I use a 32 Bit over a 64 Bit Os as I find it better. (I have a 64 Bit PC)

Zorin 6 Core Final (Ubuntu 12.04) will automatically install a PAE kernel which will give you support if you have 4GB of RAM or more providing your PC supports PAE kernel.

Do you want to wipe Windows completely and do you have a recovery CD if you do, you will need it if you want to remove Linux and re-install Windows.

If you want to re-install Windows, see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVfTYLMxifY

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00:28 am

Could you briefly explain why you find it better?
Yes but without removing downloaded software.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:02:42 am

If anyone with good knowledge of Zorin OS could Skype me @toxification1 that would be great, thanks

Wolfman

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51:03 am

Ashir wrote:Could you briefly explain why you find it better?
Yes but without removing downloaded software.

I find that with the 32 Bit packages; there tends to be less hassle finding them on the web as opposed to finding 64 Bit packages of the same app.
This was the case in past and I have just gotten used to doing things that way. I have noticed that some things in 64 Bit versions don't run as well as their 32 Bit counterparts, that may just be me though!!.

If you want to keep your downloaded packages, you would either need to reserve a partition for such things or copy the files to an external drive for future use!!.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19:54 am

Thank you. Do you know what the equivalent of Microsoft Word is in Linux? And is there as many good default programs?

If not is it possible for MS programs to be installed in Zorin?

Wolfman

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:41:04 am

Libreoffice/Openoffice.

For MS products see:

http://www.winehq.org/

And:

http://www.playonlinux.com/en/

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48:12 am

Thanks a lot man :D will games compatible with MS such as Age of Empires be compatible with Zorin? Is there a way to check the compatibility?

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:09:55 am

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:45:56 am

Thanks :) so I guess I just back up my files on a hard drive now and go through the process? Shouldn't I do something to get rid of Windows or will it just take care of itself?

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:57:30 am

You will be asked to either:

Install zorin as your only OS (this will wipe out all the drive and do all necessary partitions).

or

Install Zorin in parallel with win7. So you will have a dual boot option.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:02:55 pm

1) Won't that take up a lot of memory?
2) How will I access them both?
3) Can I transfer files from my Win7 to Zorin?
4) Will the download go though Opera without fault because it says to use FF?

Thanks

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:09:34 pm

Once you download the .iso file you will have to create either a bootable CD or a bootable USB.

Then you will have to set your bios to boot from CD or USB (according to what media you have created).

The live menu will appear and you can select to boot to the live session or start the installer directly. It is advisable to boot to the live session (option 1) so as to make sure that everything is working fine before you proceed with the installation.

You may then click on the "install zorin" icon to start the installation.

1) What will take up a lot of memory?
2) You will have a grub menu when you boot the PC so as to choose which OS you like to boot.
3) You can transfer files between the two OSs when you run Zorin. You cannot transfer files when you run win7.
4) I have used chrome to download the .iso and I had no problems. No guarrantees though as the download process integrity may vary as it relates to too many issues.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:15:26 pm

1) Having both OSs.

What will I have to create a bootable CD for, and what is it?
What's a bios?
Can I have a default OS and still be able to go to the other one manually?

I'm a computer nub, thanks for all the answers :)

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:35:24 pm

The memory will be independant for each OS and both of them will be using all of it. So no worries about that.

Bios is the main settings of your PC. You usually enter these settings when you boot and press F12 (or del).

A bootable CD/DVD is the media you need to burn and extract the .iso you will download. You need a burning software (like "imgburn") to do it (i.e. burn the image).

If you decide to do a dual boot, both of your OSs will be default. You will just have to choose which of the two OSs will load as default.
There is also the option for a virtual box.

However, between me and you (and the rest of the forum :D ), and I am saying this in a very friently way, I believe that you are way too novice in computer matters to try all the above.

My suggestion would be to leave your PC as it is with windows nicely working, and try slowly slowly to learn the easy staff first (how to install a program, how to burn a CD etc.) and then you can progressively climp to heavier things like installing a new OSs.
Because I am afraid that if something will go wrong with the zorin installation and you would need more detailed help, you will not be in a position to keep up as you are not even aware of the basic staff.
At least this is what I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53:22 pm

madvinegar wrote:The memory will be independant for each OS and both of them will be using all of it. So no worries about that.

Bios is the main settings of your PC. You usually enter these settings when you boot and press F12 (or del).

A bootable CD/DVD is the media you need to burn and extract the .iso you will download. You need a burning software (like "imgburn") to do it (i.e. burn the image).
I have PowerISO which works to burn things too.

If you decide to do a dual boot, both of your OSs will be default. You will just have to choose which of the two OSs will load as default.
There is also the option for a virtual box.

However, between me and you (and the rest of the forum :D ), and I am saying this in a very friently way, I believe that you are way too novice in computer matters to try all the above.
No offense taken :D I actually agree

My suggestion would be to leave your PC as it is with windows nicely working, and try slowly slowly to learn the easy staff first (how to install a program, how to burn a CD etc.) and then you can progressively climp to heavier things like installing a new OSs.
Because I am afraid that if something will go wrong with the zorin installation and you would need more detailed help, you will not be in a position to keep up as you are not even aware of the basic staff.
At least this is what I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.
You aren't. It's a logical suggestion, but I don't think I have the patience to do it :D I'll try though.

So, if you don't mind, what is burning, and why do we do it?
What's a virtual box?

DanYHKim

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45:25 pm

There appears to be a fundamental misunderstanding that is not being addressed. Please forgive me if I am wrong, but the original question suggests that the writer is not familiar with the distinction between 32-bit and 64-bit hardware systems.
Here is a link to a good summary

Fundamentally, 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the 'width' of the data that can be handled by a computer. The first IBM-PC was, I think, an 8-bit system. This limited the amount of memory the system could use at one time, the amount of data that could be processed at a time, and maybe the number of tasks that could be handled in a given clock cycle.
OK, I'm probably wrong in the details, but it's a lot like that.

The DOS operating system was designed to work on an 8-bit system, and so was an 8-bit OS. I think later versions would work in a 16-bit system.
The 80386 processor from Intel could address 32-bits, but (and this is why I bring it up) many motherboards still existed that worked with 16-bit bandwidth. Intel made another processor called the 80386sx, which did its internal calculations in a 32-bit address, but interacted with the rest of the PC using 16-bits. The CPU chip was 32-bit, while the motherboard was 16-bit. So, on the hardware side, if you had a full 80386 CPU and 32 bit motherboard, your system was considered a 32-bit system.

Except that you were probably running Windows 3.1 or something. This is the software side of the system. The operating system, Windows 3.1, was a 16-bit OS. It would not necessarily use all of the features of the 32-bit hardware system. It wasn't until Windows 95 came out that you would have a fully 32-bit PC.
*Disclaimer: I am making this up from my fuzzy memory of days long past. I may be wrong, but I am fundamentally correct, I think.*

All right. So we're looking at Zorin-OS, which has 32-bit and 64-bit versions. If your hardware is built to address 64-bit data, then you could download and install 64-bit Zorin-OS. If your hardware is built to address 32-bit data, then the 64-bit Zorin-OS will not work. On the other hand, if your hardware is built for 64-bit operations, it can support either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Zorin-OS.

Since the hardware capability of 64-bit vs 32-bit is built-in, there is no way to change your CPU from 32-bit to 64-bit. You can only replace the 32-bit processor with a 64-bit processor. However, if your hardware motherboard and other components do not themselves work with a 64-bit CPU, there is no point, or maybe it cannot be done at all.

That all being said, I'd stick with the 32-bit Zorin-OS for best compatibility.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:23:37 pm

I asked some other questions too, all were answered. Thanks for the advice though I'll stick with a 32.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:41:29 pm

Can anyone tell me what a virtual box is?

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55:48 pm

Have a look here: https://www.virtualbox.org/

Also I have prepared a quick guide: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2380

To cut the long story short, you can install an OS inside another OS. Ofcourse the "guest OS" uses the memory and the speed of the "host OS".

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32:59 pm

I'd rather do without it then. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Would you mind making a short, easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install it as a dual? Swarf's guide is extremely long. Or maybe you could go through it with me on Skype? I'd be extremely grateful.

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:48:18 pm

There is no difficult way for that.

You just choose the option that says "install zorin in parallel with win7".
Everything else is done automatically. :)

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:48:10 pm

madvinegar wrote:There is no difficult way for that.

You just choose the option that says "install zorin in parallel with win7".
Everything else is done automatically. :)

So why did Swarf write a book on it? :D
And also how do I get to where it gives you the option to do such?

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:32:50 pm

When you manage to create a bootable DVD with the zorin .iso and you boot through it, you get to a menu.
You choose the 1st option that says "start the live session".

You are then directed to the zorin desktop. You can navigate a little bit to make sure that everything works fine. On the zorin desktop there is an icon that says "install zorin".
You click on it and the installation process begins.
You choose language, and then you are asked method of installation.
There you choose to "install zorin in parallel with win7".
You choose the hard drive that zorin will be installed and you move a bar in order to choose how much space you will dedicate for zorin. You then select your country, keyboard layout, a username, a name for your PC, a password and then you seat back until the installation is finished.
When it's finished, your PC will reboot and you will see a new menu. This menu is called grub menu and from there you will select which OS you want to boot.
As first option it will be zorin, and as last option it will be win7. This means that zorin will be loaded by default (there is a timer counting backwards from 10 to 0).
You can change the selection (i.e. to boot win7) with your up-down arrow keys and then hitting <enter>.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00:02 pm

madvinegar wrote:When you manage to create a bootable DVD with the zorin .iso and you boot through it, you get to a menu.
You choose the 1st option that says "start the live session".
Don't you need to extract the file? And how do you boot through a document?

You are then directed to the zorin desktop. You can navigate a little bit to make sure that everything works fine. On the zorin desktop there is an icon that says "install zorin".
You click on it and the installation process begins.
You choose language, and then you are asked method of installation.
There you choose to "install zorin in parallel with win7".
You choose the hard drive that zorin will be installed So the computer only has one in built drive? I thought it was just one per OSand you move a bar in order to choose how much space you will dedicate for zorin Why doesn't it just make the whole desktop?. You then select your country, keyboard layout, a username, a name for your PC, a password and then you seat back until the installation is finished.
When it's finished, your PC will reboot and you will see a new menu. This menu is called grub menu and from there you will select which OS you want to boot.
As first option it will be zorin, and as last option it will be win7. This means that zorin will be loaded by default (there is a timer counting backwards from 10 to 0).
You can change the selection (i.e. to boot win7) with your up-down arrow keys and then hitting <enter>.

madvinegar

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28:11 pm

I am sorry but I cannot guide you step by step and explain the super basic staff. You need to learn a lot and I am not the right guy to walk you through.
If another member has the free time and will to do so, he is welcome.
Here we mostly reply and try to assist in questions/problems relating to zorin OS. I do not have the free time to explain from the beginning what is a PC, how it is built, what is a hard drive, a motherboard, an internet card etc.

As said, better leave the computer as it is. I am almost certain (I hope not though) that in case you will start messing with your PC, you will be left without a working OS.
Since I see that you are eager to learn, try reading through the internet or get a book relating to software and hardware so as to improve your knowledge and skills up to a level that an installation of a new OS sounds do-able. And then we will be here to assist for any of your queries.
I do not want to discourage you, but on the other hand I cannot keep on replying to all these basic questions.
Imaging if we had to do this for all the members.
Trust above is understandable.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:43:02 pm

I'm not going to experiment I'm not the type to just dive into things without being at least a bit prepared. I understand.

Anyone else?

Gonz

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:17:47 pm

my 2 cents,

Hi Ashir - after reading all the posts here i would advise before you install anything...

Go to imgburn http://www.imgburn.com/ and download their free utility.

Read their simple instructions on how to burn an iso image to disk (meaning the downloaded Zorin os Core 1.3 GB iso)

after you burn it to a dvd disk, boot to your computer and use the live version without installing it.

it will take a while for Zorin to load up from your disk

after it's up and running ...navigate thru it - execute some of the programs in the menus ... check 'em out ;)

This way everything remains intact to your system after you exit the disk.

get the feel for it ... then decide if this is what you want.

If so ... then go to the next step of installing onto your system to the hard disk.

Ashir

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:39:36 pm

Thanks for the response. Starting to understand this.
Could you answer the questions on the top post of this page?

DanYHKim

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:53:22 am

I'm going to be lazy about this, but here goes:
Is there an official Zorin-OS YouTube channel? That would be a great place for instructional videos.

As far as I can tell, there are many video reviews of Zorin-OS, but no organized set of tutorials. It would be very valuable for the Zorin guys to create some basic video tutorials to put on a dedicated channel.

Any non-Windows non-Mac OS has an uphill battle for adoption. This helpful forum is great, but a set of official videos will certainly help increase the number of people willing to try it out.

Wolfman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:01:09 am

Hi,

I have written as much as I can when I find it and so do some of the other mods, there is plenty of info already out there, a simple search will often find what info you want within a few minutes, I don't have the interest to create videos myself!!.

See the tutorial section and if in doubt; ask!.

Here is a good place to start:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:49:00 am

DanYHKim wrote:I'm going to be lazy about this, but here goes:
Is there an official Zorin-OS YouTube channel? That would be a great place for instructional videos.

As far as I can tell, there are many video reviews of Zorin-OS, but no organized set of tutorials. It would be very valuable for the Zorin guys to create some basic video tutorials to put on a dedicated channel.

Any non-Windows non-Mac OS has an uphill battle for adoption. This helpful forum is great, but a set of official videos will certainly help increase the number of people willing to try it out.

Why exactly did that have to be posted here?

Wolfman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06:03 am

Hi Ashir,

it is just some input from DanYHKim, it is in principal a good idea but who would fund the video hosting??.

There are already enough tutorials on Youtube for Ubuntu installs and as Zorin is based on Ubuntu, it is exactly the same except the desktop looks different after installation.

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:25:06 am

Alright.
After talking to an experienced friend I know the basics of the computer but the questions in relation to the installation of Zorin still stand (do you need to extract the file after you burn it to the hard drive, and why doesn't it just fit the whole screen resolution)
Also my friend said the in built hard drive is part of the PC so I can basically access the hard drive in Zorin? Is this true?

Wolfman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52:10 am

You have whats called an ISO file after download, from this file you need to create a bootable disk, this can be done with the app Imgburn under windows, you need a blank DVD because Zorin won't fit on a normal 700MB CD.

Just right click the download ISO file and then open with "Imgburn", the rest should take care of itself!!.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:52:29 am

Wolfman wrote:You have whats called an ISO file after download, from this file you need to create a bootable disk, this can be done with the app Imgburn under windows, you need a blank DVD because Zorin won't fit on a normal 700MB CD.

Just right click the download ISO file and then open with "Imgburn", the rest should take care of itself!!.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

Thank you. I can't seem to find a blank cd on Amazon though. Does it work with a flash drive?

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:21:19 am

No problem, thanks for the reponse.
If you don't mind however, how is a USB a flash drive? So what defines a flash drive? I thought it was just those big things you connect with a wire.
Also I have a Woolworths 4.7 gb DVD but it says single use, and when I insert it into the laptop I can't seem to access it, and it didn't appear in the drive menu.

madvinegar

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:49:10 am

swarfendor437 wrote:As for running from a flash drive you would need to download Unetbootin for windows from http://www.pendrivelinux.com or live-usb-installer (madvinegar this latter one suggest malware on my XP running Comodo Anti-Virus - false positive?).

Swarf I use "universal-usb-installer" from pendrivelinux.
Never had any problem with malware issues... Ofcourse I am only running "microsoft security essentials" in my win7. :mrgreen:

Also, as regards the sd card, make sure that your boot options include it. For example I have two dell laptops that provide sd card slot but there is no boot option for them. I had to buy a usb flash stick in which you plug the SD card (and then you select to boot from USB).

madvinegar

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19:56 pm

Yes I have. I have even written a guide (sticky) about it in the "how to" section of zorin!

But I mainly use it for laptops that don't have USB boot option.

The two dell laptops I have provide for usb boot, but not fro SD card boot...

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:51:23 pm

I have a Woolworth 4.7 gb DVD-r, single use, single sided, it also says "lifetime guarantee" and "6 hours of video"? Is this compatible?

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:51:53 pm

just found that i can't access it, acts like there's no disk.
Can someone tell me how to boot through a USB./dvd etc., do you just leave it in and restart the computer?

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:58:58 pm

I have a Dell OKU 184 Laptop.
Could you tell me how to find details about my optical drive please? I assume it's in the CP >> Systems somewhere?

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00:57 pm

Windows 7 Ultimate.

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:16:52 pm

Is a USB drive just a USB? lol sorry for my noobiness

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:41:19 pm

I'll get one. Until then can you give me step-by-step instructions on how to install it parallel to win7? If you have the time

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35:03 pm

2. Could you explain what an md5 is for me please?
3. I already have Windows?
5. Are you talking about the core? Why would I need to install that again?
What is a terminal?

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30:07 pm

2. Oh alright lol you said it like I had to install windows again :D
3. Why would it need validating?
5. I didn't see the 'downloaded' in your response lol sorry

Ashir

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:55:15 pm

Alright. Is it ok to back your files up on the same flash drive you're going to use to install Zorin?

Wolfman

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:47:11 am

Here is something for you to download and read:

http://ubuntugeek.tradepub.com/free/w_ubun03/

Ashir

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57:17 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Create the Unetbootin img first, don't reboot, then create a separate partition/folder for your backup - if you have lots of stuff, make sure your thumbdrive is big enough! You need a minimum of 3.6 Gb free space (I think!) You would be best using 8 Gb flash drive. How much data you have I don't know - only you know that!

The data in my local drive = 43 gb :( but I don't think that's too much of a problem since you said I can access the files with Zorin.

Ashir

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58:53 am

How do I check the md5 sum?
Again if anyone could at me on skype I would really appreciate that

Ashir

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15:36 pm

Anybody?

Wolfman

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:29:55 am

Hi,

take a look here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes/

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

Here is what you should have for Zorin 6 Core Final:

MD5sums: 32 Bit ISO = 68d18d52ecb1be390848183bf5ae7228 | 64 Bit ISO = 1c330e4e136db6462e80a72294759d2b

Ashir

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:33:50 pm

Thank you.
Why is the boot menu a one-time-only?

Wolfman

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:47:48 am

Ashir wrote:Thank you.
Why is the boot menu a one-time-only?

Please explain further, I am not sure what you mean by "one time only".

Ashir

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29:54 am

Swarf432 mentioned that the boot menu is a 'one-time only' in his post of page 7.

madvinegar

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19:04 am

There are two ways to select the boot order.

One is to access BIOS settings and make your choice permanent (i.e. always to boot first from CD, then hard drive, then USB etc). You usually press F2 or Del to access BIOS.
The other, the "one time boot menu", is a menu list that comes up and you choose your boot order only for the specific boot - only for this specific time. You usually press F12 to access it. The changes are not permanent.

Ashir

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27:40 pm

Oh, understood. Can you change the bios again if you want?

Wolfman

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:41:25 pm

Ashir wrote:Oh, understood. Can you change the bios again if you want?

Anytime you want to change them you can open BIOS and make your changes no problem!.

If you screw up your BIOS settings, there is a default setting in the list which will reset BIOS to its original state!.

Ashir

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:39:37 pm

Thank you. I think I'm almost all set for now, but on 11. the codes have different fonts and enhancements I.E some being bolder than others. does that mean anything or can I just type them into the cp without changing fonts or anything?

Wolfman

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:01:15 pm

Ashir wrote:Thank you. I think I'm almost all set for now, but on 11. the codes have different fonts and enhancements I.E some being bolder than others. does that mean anything or can I just type them into the cp without changing fonts or anything?

sorry; but I have no idea what you mean???????.

Ashir

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55:23 pm

In Swarf432's post on step 11 he gives a text I need to paste into the command prompt (he provided 2, a. and b.)
They have different fonts and sizes on them. For example, the 'CODE' is significantly bolder than the other letters. Do I have to do something to ensure these fonts and enhancements are the same when I put them into command prompt, or will they automatically be stuck to the text so I can paste it and it will be the same fonts and sizes etc.
Do the enhancements (as in being bold, having different sizes etc.) even matter?

Wolfman

Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:05:22 am

Hi Asir,

when you paste a text into a terminal; the terminal uses a standard font and regardless of the font size you are pasting, it will use a standard font size so you don't have to worry what font size you are pasting.

Ashir

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58:08 am

Alright, thank you.