This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Firewall "GUFW"

Anonymous

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:57:22 pm

Hey guys,

I don't know if I should ask here or maybe on the GUFW firewall web site, but is there anyway to boot the OS and have the firewall enabled by default? The web site appears to be just general information. I didn't see any kind of forum tab. MAybe I'm just blind.

Wolfman

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:59:58 am

Hi Daniel,

open applications > system tools > administration > firewall configuration and unlock the firewall, then open "Startup Applications" > add > browse > file system > usr > bin > gufw give it a name and add then close, it should start with the system after that!!.

Be careful as it can lock you out of the internet if you are not careful, you must apply rules etc!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

kengator

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17:20 am

Hi wolfman,

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm not quite sure if your answer syncs with what's out on the web:

https://answers.launchpad.net/gui-ufw/+faq/184

I'd appreciate it if someone could verify this since security is important to me.

kengator

Wolfman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04:37 am

Hi Ken,

I read the link and basically it is saying that once it is setup; you don't need to worry, if you want to make constant changes then start it at start-up!!.

I don't even use it so I cannot say, I use "Browser Protect" in FireFox and I am happy with that!!.

Regards Wolfman :D