This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin panel issue

linux_noob

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25:20 pm

Hello board,
I was not sure what to search for to check if someone has posted a similar topic, I apologize if there is a similar post already.
My problem is with my panel, no matter what theme I choose in panel preferences there is always a white box, I go to Ubuntu Tweaks there is a theme called GTK.
When I choose a different theme it changes color but it never fits in with the panel theme, is there a way to remove it? I'll post a screen shot.

Wolfman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:15:07 am

Hi,

if you mean the white box with the clock etc in it, it is part of the panel and you shouldn't remove it, you can try different themes using the AWN settings manager, see this guide also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

There are 2 links about AWN in the guide. (Among a shed load of other stuff)

Regards Wolfman :D

linux_noob

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:05:28 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:My new panel!

It says I need to install, so I click Install applet and it brings up a window with all my folders so I can choose the package. :?

Edit: I remove it but there is no other indicator applet, i'm just going to leave it removed and figure something out I suppose, it looks ugly.

Edit: Or could you show me a screenshot of your settings?

Wolfman

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:33:40 pm

Did you install the applet meta package like I suggested several posts back in my guide!!. (Read the link)

linux_noob

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:24:46 am

swarfendor437 wrote:1. Right click on the panel and select 'Dock Preferences'

The attachment 33.jpg is no longer available

2. Click on 'Applets'

The attachment 26.jpg is no longer available

3. Drag and drop or double click to add to panel then move around in that box what you want where.

The attachment 08.jpg is no longer available

Hope this helps (I am using Ultimate but would have thought that Applets would be present anyway?)

Thanks for that, but I do not have that applet unfortunately. :|

Edit: Wolf I tried that but it look what terminal says.

Wolfman

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:12:42 am

Hi,

take a look at this thread and if necessary; change the download location for your your downlod sources to a different location:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Open Synaptic > Settings > Repositories > Download From > Choose a country and Select Best Server, Choose best server and close the windows then reload and try updating again.

To install the meta package I was referring to, open a terminal and paste this command:

sudo apt-get install awn-applets-all

Choose a Download Server_001.png
Choose a Download Server_001.png (29.71 KiB)

Wolfman

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57:21 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Wolfman, is that applet package not present in the Core version?

Hi Swarf,

you just have to install per the command in the post above!!.