This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Possible Bug

LoneWolf

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:01:57 pm

As I have been checking out the 64bit core version of Zorn-os I have loaded several packages from the software manager, 2 of which were KDE packages. In both cases I had edit the menu after installation and give the command line a path to the application. After installation the menu reads something like this "kraft -caption "%c" %i %m" which does not open the app.

LoneWolf

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:47:06 am

I don't believe we are talking about the same problem here. Using the Software manager I installed Kpatience and Kraft. Neither one would run by clicking the menu option. I had to go in and edit the start menu and give each a path to the appropriate application in order for the menu option to work, I've installed quite a few different apps from the software manager which also included adding the wine repository to up grade wine to 1.3.23 and only the KDE apps caused a problem.

I do understand what you are saying about Kraft, I just used that as an example to show what is being entered in the command line to execute the menu option. Kpatience had a similar entry but for Kpat.

Just an FYI I did get Kraft to run and it created it's database and I played with it for a couple of minutes then shut it down. How far did you get with it?

Thanks for your reply. Bill