This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Cannot install Zorin OS 6 Core

PompJoggie

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44:49 pm

Hi all
Hope you can help me.
I can run Zorin OS 6 lite and install it on my system with no issues, but I would like to run the core edition. OS 6 core run "live" from the CD with no issues but I cannot get it installed. It goes through the whole process and ask me all the questions and then when it gets to the part where you need to select a picture or take a picture it bombs out. I do not even get the chance to select a picture or anything. I just flash that screen real quick and tells me there was a error and that it will boot into the live environment. Like I said in OS 6 lite I get that screen en take a snapshot with the webcam etc and everything works just fine.

I ran the core edition "live" and I like it a lot more that the lite version. Strange thing is that if I can run Core live it should install / run just fine on my laptop (I would assume )

Laptop
Sony VGN-FE790P

Thanks

Wolfman

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:19:34 pm

Hi,

if you burnt the disk at anything less thant the lowest burn speed, you will get read/write errors on the disk which will lead to such problems!!.

You can try re-installing and select the 2nd option from the boot menu which won't tax your PC and see if it still crashes, but if you didn't burn the disk at the slowest speed, you are most likely wasting your time!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

PompJoggie

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:03:28 pm

Hey Wolfman
Just want to say thanks A LOT!!!! It worked. I burned it at 4X and now it's working. I'm busy updating the system and then I will test Skype and the webcam. I hope it works.

Wolfman

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:08:00 pm

Hi PJ,

glad to hear it, please take a look at the post install guide too.

I will mark this as solved.

Regards Wolfman :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054