This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

button not working

greenhook

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:51:20 am

Hello,
clic on button "preférences du dock " is not working and the same "à propos d'awn" ??? I use zorin ultimate...
Thanks for an idea

Wolfman

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:51:26 am

Hi,

if you are clicking in the center of the dock (bottom panel), try right clicking by the Start button and select "Dock Preferences".

Did you fully update your system??:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

greenhook

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32:18 pm

Hi, always not working... and, yes i have make that... so what ???
thanks again

Wolfman

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:58:45 pm

Hi,

did you do anything from this part of the guide link I posted earlier??.

You might want to start with the third option.

Fixing Broken Packages:

There are often posts on the forum about "Broken Packages", you can solve this problem by opening: Synaptic > Edit > Fix broken packages. (You may well already be in Synaptic when you see this message!)

You can also run a command to fix this; run this command in a terminal:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

The third option is to restart your PC and go into "Recovery Mode" and run "dpkg" in the list. When asked if you should continue, press "y" (for yes) and then enter, this will run any updates and repairs it needs to!!. You may have to run "fsck" before "dpkg" appears in the menu!!.
This option requires a working cable network connection, it may not work with a WiFi connection!!. Click on "Network" to activate the network before trying to use the internet to update the system.

gingembre2

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:32:13 am

thanks again, but terminal say : no command dpkg !!! it's strange...

gingembre2

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:36:34 am

and now, after reboot, it's working but with -a option unknown... I'am not lucky

Wolfman

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12:30 am

Hi,

okay, now run these commands in a terminal:

sudo apt-get update

then run:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

greenhook

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:19:04 am

thanks, but Ihave all french language...

greenhook

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:24:20 am

for wolfman : no change... I suppose I must reinstall all my zorin system...but I will lose all my parameters... Sorry, but if zorin is not stable, perhaps I change for puppy or an other ubuntu... I am sad because I love all the rest for zorin...

Wolfman

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:49:29 am

Hi Greenhook,

if you want to keep all your settings when you do a re-install, select something else at the installation menu when asked where you want to install and DONT FORMAT THE HOME PARTITION, just format root and you will keep all your data and settings, all you need to do is install the apps you need.

If updating the system hasn#'t helped, that is all I can suggest.

Did you burn the DVD at the slowest possible speed, if you didn't, you will get such erroros.

greenhook

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:02:23 am

not solved, but I have set gome2 panel and docky.... thanks for all

Wolfman

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:41:16 am

greenhook wrote:for wolfman : no change... I suppose I must reinstall all my zorin system...but I will lose all my parameters... Sorry, but if zorin is not stable, perhaps I change for puppy or an other ubuntu... I am sad because I love all the rest for zorin...

Hi,

Zorin is stable but you must follow the guide about updating, it is very important otherwise errors like yours will appear, when you burnt the disk, did you do so at the slowest possible speed, if you didn't, you will get read/write errors on the drive!!.

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054