This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Internet not working in Virtualbox installed in zorin 6

resam19

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:50:39 am

Recently installed zorin os 6 in my pc.. I installed virtualbox and started using win7 in virtualbox . But i found the i am not able to browse any sites even though i am thoroughly connected. This problem is not only for win7, it is also with other os like xp and linux based system. Booted using live cd of zorin 5 in virtual box and same issue. Even if connection appears to be active not able to browse any sites.

I hope that i will get a solution soon. :lol:

Wolfman

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:04:23 am

Hi,

click on the network icon in the panel and make sure that "Enable Network" is ticked, then go to "Edit connections" > Wired connection 1 > Edit > and make sure that "Connect automatically" and "Available to all users" are both ticked.

Regards Wolfman :D
Menu_015.png
Menu_015.png (20.04 KiB)

Network Connections_017.png
Network Connections_017.png (29.48 KiB)

Editing Wired connection 1_016.png
Editing Wired connection 1_016.png (44.18 KiB)

madvinegar

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:25:38 am

WM I believe he means that he does not have internet in the virtual-win7.

@at Resam10. First of all have you installed guest additions and the extention pack? (see step4 of my guide viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2380)

Before booting win7 in virtual mode, go to settings>network and try out different options.

The standard option is usually NAT and PCnet FASTIII. Try out (instead of PCNet FASTII) the INTELPRO 1000 MT DESKTOP 82540EM.
Or try instead of NAT, to use as adapter "bridge" with wlan0.

If none of the above works, tell me what is the present setting of your network option in virtual machine.

madvinegar

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27:44 pm

Also try this solution.

Set the netwrok settings to NAT>PCnet Fast III and go here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... 9&lang=eng
and download the driver and install it.
You need to find a way to copy it to your guest OS (i.e. via a USB stick or via a shared folder).