This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

There was an error launching the application.

SweetGaPeach

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:43:32 am

Hi, I am a zorin newbie. I have Microsoft Office installed on my computer and it has worked since I purchased it, but I made some changes last week and now I no longer have access to the software. Please help. I am receiving the following message when attempting to launch the software:

There was an error launching the application.

Details: Failed to execute child process "/home/chambers/.cxoffice/Microsoft Office 2007/desktopdata/cxmenu/StartMenu.C^5E3A^5Fusers^5Fcrossover^5FStart^2BMenu/Programs/Microsoft+Office/Microsoft+Office+Word+2007" (Permission denied)

I know the Office software is still installed because I saw it on a directory yesterday. Unfortunately, I discovered it by accident and cannot remember how to get back to it.

Thank you for any help you can give.

madvinegar

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:19:28 am

I suppose you used play-on-linux or wine. Do you have a shortcut of the launcher on your desktop?
In order to see if it is a permission problem, do this.
Open terminal and write
Code:
gksudo nautilus

From the nautilus that will open, navigate to file system/home/desktop and double click the launcher from there. See if it opens.

SweetGaPeach

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52:58 am

Hi, thanks for you help. I followed your instructions; and unfortunately I am receiving the same error message.

Wolfman

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25:58 am

Hi,

further to the other suggestions, could you tell us what changes you made, was it at user level??.

Were you moving or deleting files/folders??.

Regards Wolfman :D