This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Unable to open GnoMenu

schwim

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41:48 am

Hi there everyone,

Zorin 6 Premium 32 bit with all updates installed in latest virtualbox with guest additions

I'm unable to open the GnoMenu by hitting the Z icon. All other icons are working and I can right-click the icon to get to the menu items for it, like edit, about, preferences but single left click does nothing and double-click shows an error type box on the taskbar for just the briefest of moments, but it disappears immediately. To add to the confusion, twice, clicking on the icon did open up the menu and it worked as intended, but the next time I tried to open it, it again did nothing.

I tried changing the theme, but the menu would still not operate.

Is there an alternate method of opening the menu and (even better) a way to fix my problem?

Thanks a bunch for your time!

Wolfman

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:37:07 am

Hi,

run these commands in a terminal: ( To open a terminal Ctrl + Alt + t )

sudo dpkg --configure -a

then:

sudo apt-get update

followed by:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Then restart your PC.

Regards Wolfman :D

schwim

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:27:56 pm

Hi there Wolfman,

thanks very much for your help. That seems to have resolved my issue. I look forward to playing with it now that I can get to the apps! :)

barkhat

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22:41 am

This fix worked for me. Then I went and changed the theme and it stopped again. Does this mean everytime I need to run the same commands and then reboot? Is there a way to make the fix permanent?

Thank you.