This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

GnoMenu Zorin OS Box theme missing favorites

TAdams

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:27:09 pm

Hello,

I am running Zorin OS 6.0 64 bit via VM Virtual Box for testing prior to install. I have chosen the Zorin OS Box (XP) Theme and am having issues with populating the favorites list on the left side and at times I have seen the Text Editor listed, and once I saw the Text Editor listed as well as Firefox. But at times, I see no items listed as well. There is nothing that I can find to reproduce it, it just seems to change at random times. If I was more familiar with the GnoMenu I could possibly provide more information. Attached is a screenshot of the area I am referring to highlighted in yellow.

Thank you,
TAdams

madvinegar

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:31:01 pm

Have you fully updated the system?

make sure you have internet (wifi or ethernet) and then open terminal and write
Code:
sudo apt-get update

Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Wolfman

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:46:01 am

Hi,

I think this is a bug :twisted: with Zorin as it doesn't work for me.

I will remind the devs about the problem.

As MV suggested, update anyway, it won't hurt.

Regards Wolfman :D

TAdams

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:01:48 pm

Thank you both.

Madvinegar, I have applied all updates, and had previously searched Ubuntu, AWN, GnoMenu issues via Google searches and a few forums I frequent. While I could locate similar issues, the fixes that were posted offered no remedy. I also tried an install of the 32 bit version just to rule that out as well.

Wolfman, I have been looking through settings and created multiple login accounts, nothing has worked for me thus far. I did see signs of life at one point (for no apparent reason), but a subsequent reboot reverted that quickly. The 32 bit install (same revision with all updates) suffers from the same issue. I tried multiple theme settings to see if it was a combination of settings, but I was unable to get them to show.

I will look forward to a fix, and appreciate the help, Thanks!
TAdams

TAdams

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:34:58 pm

Just updated my system as well as a sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
No love so far, same issue(s) are present.

Are there any alternatives to Gnomenu and AWN, It looks as tho they are supported much anymore if my google searches prove correct. The standard menus I do not like simply for the fact that you click on lets say, Programming and then realize that is not the right one, so then you must move the currsor to the bottom and click back and then go up to select a new menu item :roll:. Clickable back vertical bar would be a HUGE improvement. I like the application flyout system as well, easy to navigate. If you have any ideas, let me know :)