This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Logitech M-BJ58 Mouse Driver Not Supported By Zorin 6

peter2

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40:45 pm

Almost every time I boot up in Zorin, the mouse pointer is frozen mid-screen. Rebooting usually fixes this. Research told me this is because PS/2 devices require a second try by Linux to locate them. Forums said to try downloading the correct driver. I found it at DriverGuide.com.

I successfully installed it with Wine in my other OS, Linux Mint 13 Maya 32-bit. However, three attempts in Zorin 6 gave me an error box that says "Our software can't run on your system," meaning the driver because it is an .exe file. Well, that's what Wine is for!

Hmmm...

Wolfman

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:34:08 am

Hi,

according to what I have just read, it does work with wine on Mint 13 with Wine, so it should work on Zorin.

A really quick fix is to buy a PS2 to USB adapter, they only cost a few Euro's/Dollars/Pounds.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 2&p=616454

Adapter:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PS2-USB

Regards Wolfman :D

peter2

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44:17 am

@Swarfendor437
My system is an Acer X1300 Aspire. AMD Athlon X2, 3 GB memory

madvinegar

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:28:47 am

Ok, lets try this:

First of all make sure you have the following programs installed:
-mdetect
-inputattach

To do this open synaptics package manager, write the above names in the search field, and mark the packages for installation.
Otherwise:
Code:
sudo apt-get install mdetect
sudo apt-get install inputattach

After you have the above packages installed, plug your mouse and write the following in terminal
Code:
sudo mdetect

and post here the results.

Also, again with the mouse plugged in, open terminal and write:
Code:
dmesg | grep tty

and post here the results.

After you do this, I will see if we can create a command which will load the PS/2 driver/module at startup.