This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 6 Core 32bit

Mr Wal

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:28:15 pm

I installed ZorinOS 6 but on my computer a gigabyte GA-k8nnxp running 2,5g ram and a radeon 2400gt screen card. After restart it load but is not giving me the gui screen it only give me the manual screen. As i am not that formular with linux i cannot lock in. If i install OS 5 gaming edition it does not pick up my screen model and tell mu ubuntu is running in low. Is this 2 OS's only made for high end computers and must i go bover to light. Please help as I am after running OS 6 on my new computer willing to go all out for linux

Wolfman

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19:31 am

Hi,

look at this guide and go to "Broken Files" section and run "dpkg":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Did you burn the disk at the slowest speed, if not, you should reburn the disk at the slowest speed possible.

Regards Wolfman :D

Willem

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:29:28 pm

Hi everybody I must mention that on my other 2 machine i now setup the same cd is working fine but resently i built a mobo for a client and load OS6 free and i picked up problems with the main menu as it keeps on crashing. The above mention mobo i took to Zorin4 and it is working fine there. Please guys I try my best to get the people in my town switching from Windows. Is there any documents that i need to get better knowledge of Zorin od Ububtu to help the people get rid of Windows

Wolfman

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43:44 pm

Hi,

there are many links for infomation about Ubuntu where you just need to look on the web in your prefered language.

Did you do the updates and run the suggested fix for broken files??.

Here is a very good link for you:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Precise

Select a language if other than English and click on the "Google Translator" at the top of the page!!.

Willem

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51:00 am

I did all the udate as explaind on the forum and also does a reboot and done a rebuilt form the cd and done again a complete update. After that the Z Button where visible but clicking on it nothing happen. I than change from win7 to gnome and restart. After that I went back to Win7 and restart. It come right for about 30min and again give my the same store if yuo click on Z nothing happen (menu Missing). After that i Had to take the customer Back to Windos 7. Windows 7 slow there machine drastically down. As soon as i got a plan of action I have to reload the mobo with Zorin 6. I also must just stayed that even with the 3g modem they use Zorin was must faster than Windos 7. Please is there anyting exsept from reloading this mobo that I can do.
Thanks for the response Wolfman

Wolfman

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:03:57 am

Hi,

if running "dpkg" didn't work for you, try going into recovery mode and run "fsck", how old is the drive on the PC you put together??.

madvinegar

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06:55 am

I see that you have an ATI card.
Have you tried enabling the recomended ATI drivers from "additional drivers"?

Press ctrl+alt+T to open terminal and write
jockey-gtk

In the window that will open, enable the recomended ATI drivers (not the ones that say about source updates), reboot and try again.