This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin Start Button Icon replaced - lost

Daveman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:06:58 pm

I'm not sure what grinch stole my prized Zorin start icon, but the sneaky bugger left the Ubuntu icon in its place thinking I would not notice. How do I get my Zorin icon back as the start button. The Ubuntu icon is okay and all BUT its messing up my chi. :lol: Any help would be welcome. Yeah, its not a matter of life or death, but a man's chi is a man's chi. 8-)

Running Zorin 6.0

Wolfman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46:59 pm

Hi,

see this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Down the bottom is info about replacing the button in the section "More info about the AWN (Avant Window Manger)".

Regards Wolfman :D

Daveman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:59:15 pm

Okay - followed the directions provided in that link - right clicking over the START Icon, selecting PREFERENCES (not the docky) - the box opens, upper tab reads "Themes". I look near the bottom to the left to "Button Selection" - pick the ZORIN and click on INSTALL. All I get at that point is a pop up box showing "places". No icons to choose from - so still have the Ubuntu Start Icon. Am I missing something?

The Caps are not shouting by the way., just my wierd way for emphasis on where I clicked into for clarity - just want to be clear. I dont yell at the people trying to help me - I mite get bit :-)

Wolfman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:26:28 pm

Hi,

look at the pic carefully, where it says "Button Selection" is where you need to look, it should say "Zorin". (To the right of install/uninstall)

GnoMenu Settings_015.png

Daveman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:02:36 pm

Correct - I clicked "Install" for Zorin in the "button selection" as shown. When I click "install" a window pops open showing me folders, to navigate through.

Wolfman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:17:16 pm

Sorry; I didn't explain myself, you need to click on the word "Zorin" in that area!!. There is a dropdown menu.

Daveman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:26:03 pm

I clicked the word "Zorin" in the dropdown menu - clicked "ok".., it told me it had to restart - i click ok, then get a.., "Whoops! The applet crashed. Click to Restart".., and end up with the Ubuntu logo again. I am no expert but its acting as if the Zorin icon isnt available for the button. Im still not sure what I could have possibly done to cause the Zorin Start button to switch to the Ubuntu button in the first place.

Wolfman

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44:00 am

Hi,

did you change the "Icon" theme?, open Ubuntu Tweak > Tweaks > Themes and make sure that your icon theme is set to "ZorinOS".

Daveman

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:43:13 pm

BINGO!!!! Houston, the Zorin Logo has Landed!!!!!!! It was a tough and long arduous journey and... okay I will shut up now. :D
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I got my Zorin back and now all is right with my Chi. :)