This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Opera Issue

vdamus

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:24:46 pm

Wolfy,

When I use opera and go to yahoo.com it brings me to some lame mobile link,

http://m.yahoo.com/?.tsrc=yahoo&mobile_ ... fault=true

Yet when I go to yahoo on Firefox, I get yahoo.com

What gives?

This doesnt happen when I go to yahoo.com using opera on Windows

Wolfman

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:39:40 pm

Hi,

if you look at the bottom of that page, it gives you an option to show a regular web page, it is a gimmick for mobile apps or something, click on the button at the bottom for a normal page!.

Regards Wolfman :D

schwim

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35:18 am

Hi there vdamus,

All browsers have a user-agent string that tells websites how to format the page. It sounds to me like you might need to alter yours to reflect a desktop browser and not a mobile one. Here are some instructions on how to see and change Opera's user-agent string.

vdamus

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:59:12 pm

Btw i still cant fix the Yahoo Mobile Browser thing in Opera.

When I go to yahoo using Opera, it gives me a mobile version of the site and Wolfy said at the bottom of the page there was

an option to turn it off but so far I can't find it. If anyone has a screen shot to show me where that might be to make it idiot

proof that would be great.

Thanks

vdamus

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:27:41 pm

Now when I use Opera I just go to the bookmarked link below and no longer have to deal with the Mobile Page for Yahoo

http://www.yahoo.com/?m=1

Wolfman

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:29:48 pm

Hi,

they changed the format slightly so what you should do is click on the Yahoo Home symbol at the top of the page and it will take you to the normal Yahoo homepage.

Regards Wolfman :D
Yahoo!® for Mobile. Your favorite Yahoo! services, on your phone. - Mozilla Firefox_001.png