This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] find a way to remap the <super>l key (lock button)

GBT7

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:49:14 am

I would like to remap the lock screen key on my laptop keyboard to <ctrl><alt>l instead of <super>l so that I can can simply lock the screen with it instead of it typing in the letter l when pressed. I have tried mapping the lock function to the button with no success, so I would like to try mapping the button to the lock function but I can't find a way to do that. if it requires modifying something outside of the operating system (such as the bios) I won't do it because I also run windows. Just curious if there is any practical way to do this.

madvinegar

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:01:02 am

Have you tried:

System settings>Keyboard>shortcuts tab>system>Lock screen.

The default is ctrl+alt+L, click on it, change it to whatever you like, save and exit.

Wolfman

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:01:50 am

Hi,

try. System Settings > Hardware > Keyboard > Shortcuts and create a "Custom" shortcut.

Regards Wolfman :D

GBT7

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:18:38 am

Thanks Wolfman! I used the command "gnome-screensaver-command --lock" set to trigger on <super>l and it worked perfectly! and madvinegar, thanks for the suggestion but I guess I haven't made it clear enough I have already tried that...