This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Mic Problems on SoundBlaster Audigy SE

Daveman

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:25:39 pm

My system sound on an old Emachine motherboard pretty much sucked - so I installed a spare sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy SE) - my sound has improved! BUT - I tried to record but the mic is really mucky - I get a series of clicks, vibrations AND Laggy sound - like Im a slow talking Monster. The sound card is in good shape and works well in Windows.

Here is a link for an example of the sound - Hit Play - let it load andMove the Player Slidebar over about midway and listen from there on out. http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/b5720f480

The sound driver Zorin selected for it is "CA0106 Soundblaster Analog Stereo". In put is set on "Microphone" and the setting for Mic volume is not amplified, but barely about what I guess is 0.

Any help would be appreciated. The built in Emachine soundcard records just as poorly but without the lag and drag.

Daveman

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:22:36 pm

I went into the BIOS and the only thing related to the sound card was and HD sound, so I dissabled that and ran a test. While recording on that website was slightly improved - the dragging sound was more consistant (if you can call that an improvement)....,

One guy said that I need to downgrade Adobe Flash to 10.3.183.20 to make it work on certain online recording sites like SingSnap. My info is that any version after that has been buggy. I have no earthly Idea how to downgrade Flash and how to prevent it from being upgraded if it works.

However my test recordings as is., in Audacity, are PERFECT! Crisp and clear. Its not a matter of life and death that I record
on that website, but I have been there since 2007 and hope I can get this worked out. Someone else suggested I change my Soundcard to Soubdblaster Audigy2.., but if the problem is the version of Flash I am using then switching soundcards would be a waste of time, money & effort.

Wolfman

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:57:21 pm

Hi,

you might want to try out Pulse Audio too:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2023

Regards Wolfman :D