This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

can't update zorin 6 lite kernel...

gorgar

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48:21 pm

I tried updating through synaptic and update manager but I can't update the linux kernel and other programs like audacious and pcmanfm.I am still using kernel 3.0.0.24.28.Audacious is at 3.3.1 and mine is 2.4.4-1.I also tried it through the terminal but no new updates appear.I would really appreciate it if you can help me out.

Wolfman

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55:32 am

Hi,

take a look at this guide and see how you get on:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

gorgar

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:55:47 am

Tried all of them and still nothing.I checked different repos too and no new updates.Thanks for the help though.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:44:32 am

Hi,

did you change the download location of your software sources??.

Synaptic > Settings > Repositories > Download from > Other and change the location, after that, reload > mark all updates > apply.

gorgar

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30:12 pm

I tried about 6 different locations,reload and mark upgrades but there is nothing to apply.The button won't let me click it.It says installed version is current version.

bkotter,I don't see Zorin.info under /usr/share/python-apt/templates.I just see Debian.info, Debian.mirrors, gNewsense.info, gNewsense.mirrors, Ubuntu.info, and Ubuntu.mirrors.

Wolfman

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23:08 am

Hi gorgar,

it is quite possible that you don't have the "Proposed Updates" box marked in your software sources!!??.

gorgar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:13:04 am

Maybe they haven't updated the repos yet.I appreciate the help guys.Thanks.

Wolfman

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:46:09 am

Hi gorgar,

try resetting your software sources to "Main" then restart your PC and go to recovery mode and run "dpkg", don't forget to activate "Network" WITH A NETWORK CABLE ATTACHED before you continue.

Wolfman

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:42:41 am

Hi,

another tip for you is to add the Getdeb PPA:

http://www.getdeb.net/welcome/