This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Installing kazam on zorin

razedafear

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:51:49 pm

Hi

I am trying to install kazam on zorin using these commands:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kazam-team/stable-series
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kazam

However i get this error
Code:
umayrz@umayrz-HP-ProBook-4530s:~$ sudo apt-get install kazam
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
brosix:i386 : Depends: phonon-backend-gstreamer:i386 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Any help here?

Wolfman

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:54:11 pm

Hi,

go here:

http://linuxappfinder.com/

and search for the missing packages first and also; try changing your software sources download location to a different place and you might have more luck.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:51:58 pm

As the error message says, shouldn't he run in terminal
Code:
sudo apt-get -f install

?

P.S.: "record-my-desktop" is just great. Easy and stable.

razedafear

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:21:59 am

Hey guys

Part of my problem lies with the defualt .OGV output format that makes thing tiresome. As opposed to kazam that generates a .MKV format by defualt. I have to do format conversions for all my videos, not that it cannot be done but i would prefer it to be in .MKV instead. Is there any other screen recording software apart from "recordmydesktop" and "recorditnow" that generate a format other than .OGV, something like .flv, .mp4, .mkv, .avi(would be a bonus if i get it in this one)

Wolfman

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:45:46 am

razedafear

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43:40 am

i followed this - If you just want to record your desktop or a window you can use CaptureMe. It uses FFMPEG but it is GUI based application. http://screen-captureme.blogspot.com
and wow it works.. BUT here is the catch. it only records for max 46 seconds (with or without the sound), really no use if it does not record the full video. can you please try this one out and see if there is a setting that we need to play with. ??

razedafear

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:57:40 pm

Hey guys

I dont believe this thing was so simple. I have just browsing the software ceneter in zorin and all of the sudden i saw a package "Kazam" ...Booom.. yeah ..its right there in the software center for zorin.. SO forget all the command line c*** and just fire up the sftwre center... all done. whats best is that i got the output file in .mp4. which is great. No .OGV's finally...
Cheeeeerrs.. to me :)