This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

New to Zorin from windows 7

bijupp

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46:53 pm

I am new to zorin earlier I have used windows 7

in my system I hav already installed "Pixelview play tv 4" it works realy well in windows 7 It's remote also working well

but in when I moved to zorin I didn't found any driver support from pixelview. I have installed tvtime but nothing happens. It shows only no signal message. further more I would like to know my card is detected in zorin. (in windows it is easy by using device manager)

Wolfman

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39:16 pm

Hi,

if you are talking about DVB-T/S/C support:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1661

Or are you talking about connecting a TV via a HDMI cable or something similar, please give more details.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40:17 am

As WM says, if you are talking about a usb TV card, plug it in and please post the result of:
Code:
lsusb

If you are talking about a TV pci card, please post the result of
Code:
lspci -nn

Wolfman

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14:09 am

Also,

is the device you have digital or analog, I ask because in many countries around the world, an analog signal is no longer available!!.

bijupp

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:17:44 pm

I use this card for viewing cable tV in my system
I think it is analog type pci card.

pl. check the following links for more details..... thank u both for the responsea...

http://www.prolink.com.tw/style/content ... &id=229385
http://pixelview.0catch.com/

Wolfman

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:44:12 pm

Hi,

try pasting the following command into a terminal then restart your PC, make sure you also install "kaffeine" and look at the link I posted earlier about DVB-T/S/C.

sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree dvb-apps

madvinegar

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42:03 pm

And please post the result of the following terminal command
Code:
lspci -nn