This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(Solved) Acting weird?

Chris2030

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39:09 pm

Zorin 6 ultimate is acting weird after 588 MB of software upgrades.........any suggestions?

Regards!

Chris.

joshcantrell08

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02:42 pm

This!!

Thank you for noticing!!!

I am having problems and am trying to get someone to look into them... The mods have not allowed my post to show up yet though...

That is Zorin 6 Ultimate, excellent! Mine is just the 32 bit Core version, but it sounds like the same problem after updates...

Curious, do you have 32 or 64 bit? Because I've only tested 32 bit at the moment so if yours is 64 bit... then its a whole-os problem, because that would basically cover all the bases...

Look into this please!!

Wolfman

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:23:05 pm

joshcantrell08 wrote:This!!

Thank you for noticing!!!

I am having problems and am trying to get someone to look into them... The mods have not allowed my post to show up yet though...

That is Zorin 6 Ultimate, excellent! Mine is just the 32 bit Core version, but it sounds like the same problem after updates...

Curious, do you have 32 or 64 bit? Because I've only tested 32 bit at the moment so if yours is 64 bit... then its a whole-os problem, because that would basically cover all the bases...

Look into this please!!

Hi,

take a look here and let us know if it helps:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Start by running "dpkg".

Regards Wolfman :D

joshcantrell08

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:34:52 pm

Hi Wolfman! Thanks for the quick responses.

I have tried dpkg, to no avail. I followed through your entire updates post a few times to make sure it wasn't on my end... And I have a classroom full of tech-in-trainings and a teacher who works with Ubuntu all the time and we're all baffled.

Side note, in that post you have those Screenshots of "Zorin Software" / "Other Software" / "Updates" and I would like to note that my check boxes for ALL of "Updates" are NOT checked, and I CANNOT check them. Don't know why. If I check it, it automatically unchecks, and I've been unable to do anything about it.

Also, my "system info" was overridden in the 12.04.1 update from saying "Zorin 6" to saying "Ubuntu 12.04.1". In your update post you said to "replace existing files" and I noticed that this file was one of them replaced. The "more info" box clearly showed it would be changing from "Zorin 6" to "Ubuntu 12.04.1" in the little info box.

Not sure if that's relevant or not, since if obviously doesn't magically make my OS into Ubuntu 12.04.1, but it may cause problems with the repositories if its trying to locate all the defaults for 12.04.1 instead of Zorin 6?

I'm a bit of a noob, I understand so if anything is confusing... I am in class right now, and my teacher is happy that I am working on this with you because our class prefers Zorin 6 to Ubuntu 12.04 but if we have these problems we really can't keep using Zorin... Also, side note: Make this all work (or find out what we collectively screwed up, hehe) and at least one of us from this class will donate for Zorin 6 - Ultimate! We love it, but we're all hesitant because of this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Wolfman

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:38:42 pm

Check your other posts about software sources, don't worry about not being able to tick the boxes!!.

And also please don't ask the same question in different threads thanks.

Regards Wolfman :D

joshcantrell08

Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:51:38 pm

Ok then, I will stick to using my own post then instead of this one! Thanks.

Chris2030

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24:44 pm

I have 32 bit too.

Wolfman

Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20:13 pm