This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Keyboard Settings

Muzzargh

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:28:13 am

I was looking for something the other day and clicked on the Keyboard button in System Settings. What I was looking for wasn't there so I just closed the window. Next time I logged in everything changed to Chinese, it was quite easy getting it back to English but the experience has raised a couple of questions.

1. Can I delete all the 'other' languages in the list so it doesn't happen again, and
2. Is there a way that the current 'in use' language can be the highlighted one when entering the Keyboard settings (instead of whatever is at the top of the list)

Cheers :geek:

madvinegar

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39:37 am

I think this can be done by using localepurge http://crunchbanglinux.org/wiki/howto/localepurge

or bleachbit.

Both can be found in software center. I have not tried them though so either wait for another member to explain (wolfman knows bleachbit) or try/use at your own risk.

Muzzargh

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:52:57 am

Cheers :-)

Wolfman

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:29:19 pm

Hi,

first see this guide about language settings which also includes points about "localepurge" which MV rightly suggested because it is better than Bleachbit in this case:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699

Then open System Settings > Personal Keyboard Layout, you will notice that "Chinese" is listed and you cannot remove it, just make sure that whatever language you want to use is the last marked one before closing the keyboard settings. (I know it sounds strange but it is true, must be a bug!!).

Regards Wolfman :D
Keyboard Layout_045.png

Muzzargh

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59:59 am

LOL, where do I get these blue jewels from? :-)