This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

File missing...............

Chris2030

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:39:09 am

Hi there,

I used GParted iso to delete & than create all 3 partitions, but this time after creating when I took out the GP iso a message was displayed Missing File> Grub rescue, previously it used to say NO OS.

What did I do wrong...........how do I fix it.

Regards!

Chris/

Chris2030

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:41:25 am

or should I keep on with the installation & it shall fix itself?

Chris2030

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:38:00 am

After complete installation before reboot it displayed "genome is working" forced restart any ways.......don't remember the exact words. They probably where "gnome-keyring-daemon", wait to end or forced restart.....

Now G Chrome is fine its after updating lose the 3 rt icons.

Chris2030

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45:30 pm

Installed Zorin 6 for the 3rd time in 6 hrs...........always get an error at the end gnome-keyring-daemon.....this time there was only.

Wolfman

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:24:12 pm

Hi Chris,

run "dpkg" from the recovery menu and see if that helps:

Fixing Broken Packages:

There are often posts on the forum about "Broken Packages", you can solve this problem by opening: Synaptic > Edit > Fix broken packages. (You may well already be in Synaptic when you see this message!)

You can also run a command to fix this; run this command in a terminal:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

The third option is to restart your PC and go into "Recovery Mode" and run "dpkg" in the list. When asked if you should continue, press "y" (for yes) and then enter, this will run any updates and repairs it needs to!!. You may have to run "fsck" before "dpkg" appears in the menu!!.

This option requires a working cable network connection, it may not work with a WiFi connection!!. Click on "Network" to activate the network before trying to use the internet to update the system. (I could not get it to work with WiFi)

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D