This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin not updating all packages...Please help.

SKEPTICS EYE

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:45:03 pm

I've heard that this is a repository issue, but even if that's the case, I may still need to be walked through it by someone kind enough to help me, as I am still a hopeless noob. :oops:

PirateMouse

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:57:00 am

Is this the issue where the Update Manager states "1 update has been selected. 86kb will be downloaded" - yet there is nothing in the list and you haven't selected anything?

If so, there are a few threads posted that talk about this. I am not 100% certain if anyone has found an exact cause or fix for it, but doesn't seem to be a major issue. ( As I have had two updates flow through recently and haven't had any issues with them )

blfriis

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:49:14 am

I've had the same problem, but then i used synaptic and all upgrades then synaptic downgraded the unity-greeter and the 1 update in update manager disappeard. But then the update manager updated the unity-greeter.And i'm right back where I Started.Sorry for my poor english skills but I hope it makes sence.

Wolfman

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:39:44 am

SKEPTICS EYE wrote:I've heard that this is a repository issue, but even if that's the case, I may still need to be walked through it by someone kind enough to help me, as I am still a hopeless noob. :oops:

Hi,

please see:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3009

Then follow the link provided:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D