This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Guest account

blfriis

Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59:08 am

I have a couple of questions regarding the guest account.If I log in to that account chrome doesn't work and I can't pin Firefox to the panel (zorin6 ultimat).I would allso like to know if I can save a document on the desktop.

The reason why I ask is that in the area where I live, we have a net cafe and they have agreed that i can install zorin os on some of theire computeres.So I would like to make an admin account for me where i take care of updates and install what ever we need to install.
And then the visitors should use the guest account and when they see the desktop they would see the document " OPEN ME FIRST " where i would make a small guide how to log in msn gtalk and so on.
Maybe it would be easier to make a desktop user called visitors,, what would you do???

Wolfman

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:04:50 am

Hi and " God morgen ",

firstly you should install the package "gnome-system-tools" which will add an icon in the main menu under "Users and Groups", armed with this tool you can setup accounts and how the guest accounts react with the OS, you can select how much access the guest has with regards to network and other areas of the PC!!.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/66718/ho ... and-groups

Regards Wolfman :D

blfriis

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:11:42 am

well God morgen to you too (do you speak danish)

Thanks for your answer I will look into it and let you know how it goes.

Wolfman

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:51:46 am

Undskyld, jeg kan ikke tale dansk!, ich spreche aber Deutsch wann du willst :D

Sorry but I don't speak Danish, I do speak German though if you would like!!. I know that many Danes speak German!!. :D

Let us know how you get on with the user management app!!, it should be what you want!!.

SpiderWave625

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:32:55 am

I suspect that fixed it because the Guest User is, in fact, not a normal account, but a feature of the system.
Some kind of glitch caused the bogus password problem. Disabling, then re-enabling reset the account properly,
and, as a result, fixed your issue.

Edit by admin. No advertising links please.

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2322

Wolfman

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:35:23 am

Hi,

Gnome System Tools (Users & Groups) is useful if you want more and better control over the user accounts!!. The normal User Account Manager that comes with Ubuntu based systems is very basic and Gnome System Tools has many adavanced options.

blfriis

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44:37 pm

Thank you both, so far I've been tested and it's seems to work the way i want it to...

Wolfman

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:56:48 am

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, I will mark this as solved :D :D :D

(To mark as solved, you must edit the subject banner of the first post!!)