This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 6 - Few issues

birkopf

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04:36 pm

Hi guys,

1) I have strange problem. If I have 2 or more open programs the one which is in front will be shown as empty unless you maximise. It's hard to explain so I made screenshot. Could someone test and let me know if you will get the same? It's pretty annoying when working because you cannot just switch between windows like on all systems. You need to either minimise all other windows or maximise the one that is shown as blank. Image

2) Skype isn't in repositories any more ?

3) Battery indicator won't hide even if you select this option.

Wolfman

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:30:56 am

Hi,

Skype is in the repo, what are your software sources like??:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

If you cannot find it for whatever reason:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-sky ... ter/linux/

Or here, scroll down to Ubuntu (32 Bit only):

http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=skype

For your problem with the "White Out", please see:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2490

Not an actual answer but it may help if you change to the PPA listed and update your drivers!!.

You can remove the battery icon if you want to via dock preferences > applets, but I would fully update your system to see if it is also to do with the Nvidia graphics problem.

What version of Zorin are you using??.

Regards Wolfman :D

birkopf

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:32:02 pm

I have added this PPA for nvidia drivers, refreshed, installed, restarted and... Killed my linux. Whole sort is dead...

birkopf

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:54:34 pm

I also noticed now, while installing system again, that whiteout problem doesn't exist when system is booted from LiveCD therefore I imagine that standard drivers after installation should do the trick... will see soon,

birkopf

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:48:19 pm

I have solved problem with the battery icons on bottom bar and few others by using dconf and gconf. Highly recommended to everyone ;)

Wolfman

Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:13:58 pm

Hi,

have you read this thread recently, it has been updated since you first posted your problem about the Nvidia stuff:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

Regards Wolfman :D