This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Schema edits in configuration editor

hanelpt

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:12:28 am

I was trying to edit the clock applet settings in the configuration editor and got an error message that shema are not editable but will be in the future. Does anyone know what this is about?

Wolfman

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:39:53 am

Hi and welcome,

what version of Zorin are you using??.

If it is 12.04, this is based on Gnome 3 and it still has a long way to go before all the small problems are sorted out, in fact, the next version of Gnome is making the rounds at the moment, hopefully it will bring ease of use and many improvements over the current G3.

You can only make minor adjustments to the clock via the system settings manager, you should be able to right click the clock and make your adjustments otherwise.

Regards Wolfman :D

hanelpt

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:22:25 pm

I'm using OS 6 Core 32 bit. Funny the lite version clock is editable, but that, I understand, is part of the LXDE desktop it uses. Would think a more robust version would be more configurable, not less. Any sense when this might change?

Thanks, I'm new to Linux but am having a blast testing distros. I have a good size collection of live CDs and DVDs now.