This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Date Issue - (Quicken) SOLVED

alpha1

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:17:18 am

Hi Guys
I know i have asked about this before - But do you have any idea as to when the Date Issue in Zorin can or will be fixed.
Although i have implemented your suggestions on this topic it has not solved my date issue in Quicken 2002 only the system Date and Time has been resolved, and as quicken takes its date from the system - In this case it is not, only the American date format is prevalent.

I have tried to work with the American style date format but it is giving me a few problems - most confusing when trying to input a lot of data, too many mistakes.

So Please Please tell me you have a solution before i pull out what little is left of my hair.
Just as a reminder the Updates have been applied for quicken 2002.

Thanks.

Wolfman

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:41:14 am

Hi Alpha1,

have you changed the global language settings (which is also responsible for date formats and currency) in the language manager in system settings.

Open > System Settings > Personal > Language Support > and push your preferred version of English to the top of the list with a left mouse click (held down and push it up to the top). Then click on "Apply System Wide" and also go to Regional Formats (where it says: Display number etc) and set your region and also apply system wide and then restart your PC.

Let us know if this helps.

See also:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/43999/ho ... ate-format

Regards Wolfman :D

alpha1

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:10:28 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi Alpha1,

have you changed the global language settings (which is also responsible for date formats and currency) in the language manager in system settings.

Open > System Settings > Personal > Language Support > and push your preferred version of English to the top of the list with a left mouse click (held down and push it up to the top). Then click on "Apply System Wide" and also go to Regional Formats (where it says: Display number etc) and set your region and also apply system wide and then restart your PC.

Let us know if this helps.

See also:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/43999/ho ... ate-format

Many Thanks for the reply Wolfman

Sorry if i was not clear earlier, I have been down this root, and yes you guys have given me the support in this regard, althoug it did rectifie my initial problem. of the Date and time.
It now leaves the issue of the program Quicken not being able to pick up the correct date format.
Nevertheless i have gone through your suggestions and can confirm that all the settings were correct but the application is still not picking up the correct format.
I have also installed following your link to Ubuntu and processed the conf file and set up a better day date month and time format.
Thanks for that.

Wolfman

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34:18 am

Hi,

glad to hear it. I have marked this as solved.

alpha1

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49:41 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

glad to hear it. I have marked this as solved.

Sorry Guys, it is not solved
I still cannot change the date in quicken.

Wolfman

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24:57 am

Hi alpha1,

does Quicken have its own settings that you can adjust?, is everything else on your PC showing the date as DD:MM:YYYY?.

alpha1

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52:51 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Just searched for a demo so I could see if I could solve - but they don't believe in time-limited demos - just your money! Thanks Intuit - for nothing!

Hi Guys
Just noticed that following an update yesterday and a fewdays previously.
My Quicken seems to be back to normal with the dates

Many Thanks

But now i cant backup to my stick drives - no access
can you help? or keep trying to find a solution.

Thanks