This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Update problem

epvoosterom

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:50:21 pm

I have install Zorin-os 32bit on my laptop and my computer but both still have a update from 86 bit to install.
But i don't see it on the list. how can i install this iff it is need. i dont know what for update this is.

Have ather people this to or have only i this problem?

Wolfman

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48:42 am

Hi,

if you mean you have a lot of updates; that is quite normal after a new install, Ubuntu is constantly updating anyway and there will be updates almost every day, I hope this answers your question.

If this is not what you mean, please post again and try to explain in more detail if you can.

Regards Wolfman :D

epvoosterom

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32:38 am

i have zorin be install, than de system say dat he haves already 1 file newer than to install. Whit a restart i have can complete al the updates. But wen i check if there are more than he give in update manager there is 1 update from 85 kb but gives it not on the list in the venster on screen.

I have this on both computers, this update dat he can't install.
I can not see where it is for.

Is this more to understand?

My poligise for my bad english.

Wolfman

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:13:19 pm

Hi,

go here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

and run "dpkg" and let us know if it helps, it is in the "Broken Files" section.

There is a problem with the normal software updater in Ubuntu and the way to repair it is to do as I suggest!!, you are not doing anything wrong.

You also don't need to apologise for your English, there are many people from all around the world here, if you take a little extra time and provide more details, the good people on this forum will help you no problem :D :D :D :D :D

epvoosterom

Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:54:41 pm

i have alrady try that. but it dosn't work, have somebody a idea?
in de 32bit is thare a updat of 85 bit, and in de 64bit is thare a 86 bit update that don't want to install.

Wolfman

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:48:33 pm

Hi,

use Synaptic for updating, don't use the update manager, open Synaptic then click on: > Reload > Mark All Updates > Apply.

Wolfman

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04:04 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Just to update folks on this, I 'think' I know what it is as I got a message in Terminal as root that 85.5 kb of 'Unity Greeter' update about to be installed - but it doesn't because it cannot connect to the US server where it resides! :shock:

The problem with the updater seems to be still there!!, this is why I suggested either the terminal or Synaptic and don't use the update manager, see also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3009&p=15577#p15577