This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Anti Virus/Malware Software???

shkarst

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:07:23 pm

How many of y'all, if any, feel the need to run such software with whichever flavor of Linux that you have on any machines??? I know that there are those, who do not even have Linux that advise it and even share sites that will tell you so. Yet in our Software Center, I have yet to come upon anything like Avast or AVG for Linux. Although when I GOOGLE for them, they are there. But every time I have tried downloading anything from the internet meant for LINUX, yes it goes into my DOWNLOAD folder. And when I click on it from there, you do not get anything like, "RUN," in Windows, but it opens up in the, "ARCHIVE MANAGER," and this Linux Dummy has NO IDEA WHAT SO EVER, how anything is RUN/INSTALLED from there. Or if it can even be INSTALLED from there???!!!

shkarst

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:08:21 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm>>Did I check the box to email me any responses???? Don't see that box????????

madvinegar

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:49:21 pm

Hi.
Please check this topic
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1948

Wolfman

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:18:27 am

Hi,

further to MV's advice, there is also "ClamAV" which is in the repo:

http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/

Regards Wolfman :D

shkarst

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46:40 pm

Thanks y'all. I didn't get any email about your responses. Must have missed that little box. So I did a search. Will check out your info :-)

shkarst

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:50:26 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK>>>More terminal stuff :-). OK, where did I leave my WINDOWS button>>LOL LOL :-). Thanks y'all but still continue to avoid that terminal stuff like the plaque. I am OK with PCs but never have felt comfortable about doing PC brain surgery, and will leave that to the experts, programmers>>>UPDATERS :-)

Wolfman

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:50:08 pm

Hi,

use ClamAV and you won't have to use the terminal, just install it directly using Synaptic.

Regards Wolfman :D