This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

( not enough memory to load specified image )

mschultz0009

Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53:04 pm

I can't install zorin because I get this message all the time. (not enough memory to load specified image) . I've tryed all boot options and nothing works, I've try burning the disk at the slowest speed like I was told to do, but still nothing. I'm using linux mint and I am very new at this linux stuff. Help Thanks mike.

Wolfman

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23:24 am

Hi Mike,

I asked a question of you here, please don't dual post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3368&p=16050#p16050

Also, if you are using Linux Mint, would you not be better asking your question on their forum??.

Regards Wolfman :D

mschultz0009

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:05:11 am

Sorry about dual post, just trying to get some help. The only reason I'm running mint is because it was the only one I could get to work. I tryed ubuntu that wouldn't work couldn't get it to go full screen, then i tryed zorin and no luck and then mint and it worked. This all started because I have so much trouble with & hate windows somebody said download Linux. So I did and like it. I've only been using mint for about 5 days. I just thought zorin looked like a better fit for me.

Wolfman

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09:07 am

Hi Mike,

have you tried "nomodeset" ??:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132

Have you booted in safe graphics mode which is one of the options in the boot menu??.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards Wolfman :D