This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

GNO Menu

david7307

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:05:06 am

i have lost control of the geomenu button on my laptop when using a touch pad this is the second time in 2 days,i loaded zorin on last night and it did and it has done it again this arfo,
it seems to be when you touch the pad to many times, i can put pointer over zorin or geomenu and it tells me its there but when i try to open it nothing happens only way i have found to fix it is to restart,
any help
before my next door neighbour starts t0 install it on his puter

gingerman431

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08:58 am

david7307 wrote:i have lost control of the geomenu button on my laptop when using a touch pad this is the second time in 2 days,i loaded zorin on last night and it did and it has done it again this arfo,
it seems to be when you touch the pad to many times, i can put pointer over zorin or geomenu and it tells me its there but when i try to open it nothing happens only way i have found to fix it is to restart,
any help
before my next door neighbour starts t0 install it on his puter

Gnomenu was last released on 2011-08-29.
Do you understand what that means?
That is 14 month's ago. Have a look here; https://launchpad.net/gnomenu

Wolfman

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08:14 am

Hi David,

try this command in a terminal:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Also make sure your system is up-to-date:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Let us know if this helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

david7307

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46:04 am

Gnomenu was last released on 2011-08-29.

Yes its time it was fixed if its happening to others

david7307

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:56:46 am

Wolman
its still doing it and i can do it on main puter by clicking on menue with mouse only way to rest it is to restart computer
try it and see if it does it on yours

gingerman431

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14:15 am

david7307 wrote:Gnomenu was last released on 2011-08-29.

Yes its time it was fixed if its happening to others

The weather applet won't work anymore. When you install a new app, *** acts funny, could be a problem for new users. I got tiredof it and went to Cairo dock, which is maintained very well. One of the main problems in Zorin OS is that Zorin Desktop is actually renamed Awn desktop. Maybe, its time for Zorin OS to move away from Awn dock and GnoMenu, maybe to Cairo with Mac look.

As AWn and GnoMenu are not looked after, it may not even know how to work with a tablet.

Wolfman

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:15:49 am

Hi David,

have you mucked around with the themes, if you haven't, try a different theme and see if that helps!.

Regards Wolfman :D