This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Updates>>May Have Screwed Up Using, "Janitor."

shkarst

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43:48 pm

Not sure why, I used the Janitor in UBUNTU TWEAKS, thinking it was similar to, CCleaner in Windows, and I suspect that I have screwed up receiving any NEW UPDATES in my Update Manager, not seeing any in a couple or three days.

I had screwed up my fix for my MIC not working in Google talk/Voice, but fix that, figuring it out.

Where/how can I determine that my UPDATES are actually up to date??

TIA y'all :-)

Wolfman

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26:46 pm

Hi,

read though this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

Use "Bleachbit" instead of the cleaner (Janitor) in Ubuntu tweak!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

shkarst

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32:30 pm

Yes, Wolfman, I knew about BleachBit, and have used it, but thought I'd try JANITOR, a BIG mistake :-). I'll check out that topic, thanks.

shkarst

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:51:04 pm

OK, ran two of those commands, and they were accepted as well as my PASSWORD, another new first for me, thanks ;-).

Hopefully that got me BACK ON TRACK, if I got myself OFF TRACK using that darn, JANITOR. Thanks again. I guess I'll know within another day or two, since Linux always seems to have updates for one reason or another, BUT NEVER TO FIX a bug like a KB/Mouse not bringing a machine OUT OF SUSPEND>>LOL.

Well tomorrow is also Windows 2nd Tuesday of the month and I always (Usually) receive my MS Updates Wednesday morning. So I will boot up on Windows Wed. morning, bringing everything else that needs to be made current, run my security scan (Avast's Boot time scan), do my Back up to my Ex HD (Only on my Desktop, I consider my Netbook to be a toy/expendable, although it does nearly everything I do on my desktop). Then back out of windows for another speedier/more secure experience in Linux for another month :-). Well time to get OFFLINE and get hopping. Have a DOC appt. soon. Thanks again Wolfman.

shkarst

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:00:41 pm

Thanks

Wolfman

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25:08 am

Hi,

glad to hear its okay now, I marked this as solved.

Regards Wolfman :D