This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Chageing taskbar color

Neoforcer

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:39:52 pm

Hi new to Zorin os been a long time power user in windows. After coming to the relization that MS is going in the total wrong direction with windows 8. I looked up linux distros and found zorin OS i must say kinda impressed so i got the ultilmate version.

My problem is i made my desk to to look like windows with icons and a start here icon. But i cant figure out were the change the task bar colors by the clock to make it one solid color. In the screen shot bellow you should see what mean. See red arrow

Wolfman

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:51:21 pm

Hi,

there are several tips for you here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

Install the Webupd8 PPA for themes and the AWN meta packge.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

spavila

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:09:40 am

Neoforcer wrote:Hi new to Zorin os been a long time power user in windows. After coming to the relization that MS is going in the total wrong direction with windows 8. I looked up linux distros and found zorin OS i must say kinda impressed so i got the ultilmate version.

My problem is i made my desk to to look like windows with icons and a start here icon. But i cant figure out were the change the task bar colors by the clock to make it one solid color. In the screen shot bellow you should see what mean. See red arrow

I've tried changing this also but found no solution. It is an applet in AWN titled "indicator 3 applet". Right click the middle part of the task part > Dock Preferences > Click Applets. Toward the bottom, you will see a small window titled Active Applets. The "indicator 3 applet" has an icon with a blue circle with a lower case letter "i" in the middle. Delete this applet by clicking and dragging it off the Active Applet window. Then, I would add applets to replace the deleted "indicator 3 applet". This is the closest solution I could come up with to resolve the issue. (See link below for thread to my solution, as I asked the same question back in September).

http://www.zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3155

Wolfman

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:27:58 am