This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Converting JPEG to PNG

Anonymous

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10:23 am

I looked in the Software Center and online and still no clue. Need to find out the easiest way to convert JPEG to PNG. Now I've figured out how to change the ( Z) start orb to a different button.
Need to learn how to covert raw formats ect. Anyone have idea what would be good to use. I've found mucho icon's to use for a start orb/button. But most are to large to use the way they are!!!
In replacing the Start orb/button on the taskbar they need to be in the area >>>58 x58 >>>7kb to 14kb to use. And how to paste a screenshot here on the forum.

In Ref below I'm asking because my Dad is out of town and I'm not a pro with graphics on Linux yet and I don't have Windows at home

Thankyou Little E

gingerman431

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:02:19 am

datek1 wrote:I looked in the Software Center and online and still no clue. Need to find out the easiest way to convert JPEG to PNG. Now I've figured out how to change the ( Z) start orb to a different button.
Need to learn how to covert raw formats ect. Anyone have idea what would be good to use. I've found mucho icon's to use for a start orb/button. But most are to large to use the way they are!!!
In replacing the Start orb/button on the taskbar they need to be in the area >>>58 x58 >>>7kb to 14kb to use. And how to paste a screenshot here on the forum.

Images can be converted in Shotwell.
Logos in Inkscape.
Both in Gimp.
In Gimp, you open your Z logo and erase it and draw your own, and replace it.

Even in Microsoft Windows you can do it. :)

Wolfman

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16:28 am

Wolfman

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:36:07 am

To paste a screenshot, click on:

Upload attachment (beneath this window when replying to a topic on the left) > Browse (Search for the pic and add it) > Add the file > Place inline

Zorin Group Forum • Post a reply - Mozilla Firefox_002.jpeg

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13:06 am

Thankyou Wolfman for the info. Now I won't have to bug my Dad about this when he gets home. Hopefully Swarfendor can post the how to change the ( Z ) start button soon for everybody. I sure like reading from this forum. Very interesting information. Bye Bye everybody.

Thanks again Little E Jr.D1

Anonymous

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56:27 pm

Thanks to you all and Gingerman431,my son was able to figure everything out without me with the graphics situation. Soon as I got home from the rode trip. I turned on Little E's rig and behold the kid actually changed the (Z) start button for the one he wanted all by himself. It looked just like the screenshot I posted over in th ( How To Section ).