This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

magicjack

holidayrick

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:24:53 pm

Will magicjack internet phone work with zorin OS ?

Wolfman

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:51:33 am

Hi,

what I have read is that you would need to run it in a Virtual Box mode under Windows in Linux!!.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... tu-943074/

Google it and there are a million hits but no solutions except VB!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57:08 pm

I had my MJ at one time working on a Virtual Machine way way way Back!!!! Now at this day and time things can take a different course in your situation, because MJ has updated the MJ application/firmware if I can remember right 6 times since the day I had been messing around with the device. But in theory it should still work>>>>MJ >>>>>Windows>>>>>Virtual Machine!!!! If you decide to try it out. When installing Windows on a virtual machince. When you come to the ( Network Connection ) part of the installation, select>>> (Bridged) instead of (Nat). And you should be ok for that part. Expect background noise!!!! And then again expect the worse just in case!!! MJ at one point in time was shooting towards the development of MJ being used on Linux. But that idea was eventually dropped and the Majic Jack Plus was created instead. Our household switched over to NetTalk instead of MajicJack after the subscription ran out. And we are glad we did, beacuse they have live Tech Support via Tele. and have a very stable setup unlike MJ. Another good thing they have a Wifi App that can be installed on a Tablet or Smartphone to be used in Wifi locations to save on minute usage for some people doing contracts /minutes though the major carriers!!! To answer your question that is what the Majic Jack Plus and the netTalk DUO ii were born in the world for that very reason!!!!!