This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ZorinOS 6 Loggin Issue

robgor

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52:49 pm

Iam having an issue with ZorinOS 6 tyring to loggin. I installed it onto my system, manage to logging and shutdown the system after install samba, doing an update i.e sudo apt-get-update and installing evolution mail client. When I go to loggin the next day, when I enter my password it just displays loggin in and pretty much sits and doesn nothing and doesnt get to the desktop. Initially I thought it was my SSD drive as this is a about 2 1/2 years old and realise that they do have a limited life. So tried it again on a spinning drive and the same happens. I have tried a number of different versions of ZorinOS6, from 3 different CD's and the same issue. Strange thing is I had it running fine for about a month on the same system, and silly me decided to reinstall it, thats when the dramas started happening. Have no idea what it is, has anyone else had this happen and work out what it is?

Wolfman

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:03:39 am

Hi,

sounds like you somehow reset your password when you installed Samba, maybe resetting your password might help:

http://naveenubuntu.blogspot.de/2012/05 ... -1204.html

What message if any are you getting at the login window??.

Regards Wolfman :D

robgor

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15:03 am

At the login window after I enter in my password I get loggin in.... but doesnt go to my desktop. Not sure that it has reset my password when installing samba as I have done it before without issues. Might have to add a second user account as see what happens.

Wolfman

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44:58 am

Hi,

sorry but I slightly misread your post.

At the login window; there is a "Cogwheel", click on it and see what the default DE is!!. If necessary; change it.

robgor

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:44:32 pm

DE whats that

Wolfman

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:24:53 pm

Desktop Environment :D :D :D :D

Classic Gnome
Kde
Gnome
XFCE.....etc; etc.