This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin os 6.1 bugging out?

kidx86

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:20:07 pm

I have zorin os 6.1 and the start menu turned into Ubuntu logo, also the login screen used to say Zorin Os 6.1 now it says ubuntu? Also the dock on the taskbar keeps glitching out is there a way to get the old 5 point taskbar back no dock cause this is frustrating also my AMD drivers don't have catalyst in the system tools area after installing kinda weird. :? :? :? :? :? :?: :?:

kidx86

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:03:07 am

I was wondering can I do away with the dock at all its really buggy for me? also how do I get OEM becasue I have a OEM pc from Dell just asking also it would be cool to get oem for our community for members who have OEM pc's.

Wolfman

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:28:49 am

Hi,

what desktop are you using?.

Try running "dpkg" per this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

For other post install info:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

Let us know if this helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

kidx86

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:19:54 pm

So fare version 5 was the best that new dock is buggy I might wait till v7 if that dock is in V7 ill pass as well.

kidx86

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36:46 am

The whole Docky/dock is a bad idea how do i just get the Gnome theme from zorin 5 also ill be uninstalling all docks they are very buggy.

Wolfman

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:34:13 am

Hi,

be careful what you un-install as you may take out packages that something else depends on!!.

Have you tried simply changing to the "Gnome 2" look using the Zorin "Look Changer" ???.

kidx86

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:38:30 am

might try that but right now i am working on my own distro for gamers just need a windows like WM JWM is good but in ubuntu builder its not recononizing.

kidx86

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18:01 pm

Well i am gona go back and try wht you say I really like Zorin Os 5 it was rock solid might even go back and install that the docky you use is not very good.

Wolfman

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:48:47 am

Hi,

I recommend you install the package "gnome" if you are going to use "Docky" as it seems to add to the stabilty of the system!!. (Might just be me!!) It will install a lot of extra packages that you may not need so be warned!!.