This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 6.1 installation issue.

Stiletto

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:07:02 pm

Hi all. First post.
I have a machine running Windows 7 and want to set up a dual boot with Zorin 6.1.
I've downloaded the ISO, burned the DVD and it boots fine.
I then choose the option to install alongside Windows 7 but it appears to only want to install on to my internal 1.5TB HDD and not the 60GB SSD drive that I have Windows 7 installed on.
To try to get around that I go back and choose the last installation option to do something else. I then have to start manually partitioning and that makes me nervous. The options appear to want to mess up the whole SSD and I really cannot lose Windows 7, at the moment.
I have trawled this site and the net and cannot find a step by step guide anywhere.
If any of you knowledgable types can help me out or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Wolfman

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:28:33 pm

Hi,

see this guide, it might be what you want:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

let us know if this helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

Stiletto

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:23:26 pm

Hi Wolfman.

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll have a good read over your post and tackle it over the weekend.

Cheers.

Stiletto

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53:33 pm

Hi Wolfman

Job done. Cheers.
3 partitions created using Gparted. The version that I downloaded is slightly different to the one in your tutorial but not so different that it causes a problem.
Zorin is installed and looking good.

One thing though. I would still like Windows 7 to be the default OS on startup for the moment. I know that there was a way to set the startup OS in Ubuntu but for the life of me I can't remember how.
Is it a Grub editor of some sort?

Stiletto

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47:13 pm

Hey, sorry for not getting back to you.
That worked a treat Swarfendor437, cheers.