This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin won't restart

tomp01

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:07:31 pm

Has anybody else had this problem, where when you try to restart it goes back to the login screen rather than Grub?

tomp01

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24:41 am

I am clicking on the power button in the system tray on the extreme right. I get the same result if I click on the power button in the menu as well.

tomp01

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:31:52 pm

I am using Zorin OS 6, now this used to work but it got broken on a recent upgrade. I have checked for broken dependencies with apt-get check and everything is fine.

tomp01

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:38:37 pm

I have been using Linux since the days of Kubuntu 3.5.x and use the CLI a lot especially apt-get. Anyway, I have tried rebooting in receovery mode and running dpkg, no joy. I just wanted to know if anybody had seen this problem but I guess from the lack of responses that it's just me.

madvinegar

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25:42 am

If you open terminal and write
Code:
sudo reboot

does the system reboot normally?

tomp01

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00:32 pm

Yes, it's the same as a power off.

tomp01

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:15:49 am

swarfendor437 wrote:
tomp01 wrote:I am using Zorin OS 6, now this used to work but it got broken on a recent upgrade. I have checked for broken dependencies with apt-get check and everything is fine.

Can I ask if the upgrade related to 'Ubuntu'? This should be set to 'never':

32.png

It is set to never, I went through that before when I was asked to upgrade and ended up borking the system.