This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

playstation emulators

morcar

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:34:57 pm

I have tried the one PlayStation emulator called PCSX with in the software center and its not the best. The sound skips which really gets to me.

Now my system is an Intel i5 650 cpu with a radeon 6580 so this should never happen.

I installed ePSXe but this keeps giving me the "/home/speccyfever/epsxe/epsxe: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" which I cant seem to find the right file to fix this problem.

Is there any way to fix this problem please.

thanks

madvinegar

Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:41:37 pm

I use Pcsx emulator and it is just GREAT. My son loves it. The only problem I have with sound is only for certain games (very few) that their music was played in PS1 via the CD (which is normal) and I just turn off the music. The rest of the sound effects are working just fine.
The laptop of my son is an old HP with an old intel GPU, 1 GB of Ram and core duo processor. The games run perfectly. No frame skipping, no sound skipping.

You must be doing something wrong.
As very correctly swarf said, you need to google and download a bios file called SCPH1001.BIN (its easy to find it). You must place this file into
home/yourusername/.pcsx/bios
The .pcsx file is hidden so you must press ctrl+H to reveal it.