This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Thunderbird scripts

dweeb52

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:17:03 am

Hi guys, newbie here
Have been using Zorin for a week and totally converted ! (from win7 and have never used linux based os's before - what a great intro - thanks to developers )
Thanks to this forum i have fixed and tweaked everything i need for my daily needs, but one consistant problem i'm having is with Thunderbird
Has been slow since day 1 (have to check seven different mail addresses on different services ) but today have been getting pop-up script errors particularly one headed "chrome" (had uninstalled Chrome browser 1st thing when on zorin and installed firefox ) i can only assume it is something to do with retrieving gmail accounts. I know this is a thunderbird specific problem so searched for solution and found that it was fixed 3 weeks ago on a nightly build for ubuntu

Anyway, finally, my question is, how can i setup zorin to get these updates, i couldn't find any info on adding a source ppa
Or if someone knows of a better way to get around this problem
thanks in advance
ps running ThBird 17.0 and have tried the updater and the synaptic pack manager says running latest version
ta