This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

WiFi In Zorin Lite

shkarst

Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51:57 am

Man am I glad that I installed ALONGSIDE Windows XP on this netbook. Booted up to Linux, and my Wifi would not connect.Came out to this room to make sure everything was up and it was. Went into Windows, and it WAS trying to connect but taking its' time, so I right clicked on the Wifi and clicked on REPAIR, and it went through its' process and connected. Then I went back to Zorin and it was also connected. So I experimented, disabling it, and tried to connect again. It would not, AND I can not find any equivalent to Windows XP, "REPAIR," in the WiFi little symbol on the taskbar. Man this Linux OS, NO OFFENSE, guys is really lacking!!!!! I am over here on Windows at the moment. On my Netbook to turn the WiFi off/on is "Fn F2."

Shouldn't that also work for Linux as well as Windows too???? And shouldn't there also be an equivalent to REPAIR the Wireless connection easily, and NO NOT WITH A TERMINAL COMMAND>>LOL LOL :-)?????

shkarst

Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08:55 am

Never mind y'all. This DumbArse figured it out. If you do not see a WiFi network down below on Linux's CONNECTION thing, then all I have to do is, "Fn F2," again, then right click on the right lower corner (taskbar in Windows), where I then will see, ENABLE WIRELESS, that I merely have to then CHECK. Takes longer to connect then Windows seems to take. Man I hope that my aging 63 yr, old brain can remember all this, I find though, that when I beat myself up, working through things like this, I will later remember them better, At work I took down binders of notes. As an EX (Retired) Telco tech, that was very necessary, since I mostly worked inside in various capacities, mostly in their highest tech environments like High speed Data services, or what passed for HIGH TECH 13 yrs. ago>>LOL (Was T1 at that time>>LOL)