This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Failed to load zorin_desktop

E.M.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37:11 pm

Hello,
Recently I get this error when I want to access zorin os
"Failed to load zorin_desktop"

Can anyone help me how to fix this? :?

E.M.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:49:22 pm

I have installed zorin already.
I guess it is because of a dock app.
There was a pre installed dock app in zorin, which I tried to open it, but it didn't work so I uninstalled it and re-installed. It still didn't work. So I installed a new dock app.
Don't ask me why I did this. I didn't need a dock app :p
Is there any way I can uninstall the dock app and see if the error persist?

E.M.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:09:04 pm

After many attempts I could access my desktop, but I am sure the error is still there.

I can confirm it is docky app which I uninstalled, but I see here I have re-installed it again and the error persists. As zorin look, I'm using GNOME 2.
Any way how to remove it, any recovery mode to reset the changes back to normal? Currently there are two dock apps installed, removing the second one, may remove the error too?
I don't have backup feature activated, as it needed an account at ubuntu cloud (if I'm not wrong) which I don't have one.

Thank you

E.M.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22:12 pm

I think I resolved the issue and in the same time got docky working too (before it wasn't working, not even showing in the browse and run installed apps) :)
In the booting settings there was an option to run the previews version of zorin, which I did and than I have updated everything. Rebooted zorin and the error didn't showed anymore !
Wired I could solve this with 0 experience in linux, ubuntu or whatever :lol: