This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Printer Cannon iR-6075 installed, but doesn't print

jojothehobo

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35:11 pm

Hi:
I have a network printer, a Cannon iR-ADV-6075 driver installed on my Zorin OS 6 premium machine. It shows up in System settings, CUPS, and when I try to print a page from a browser (Firefox). The problem is that it doesn't actually print the page. When I print a test page from within Printers in system settings I get an upper left hand set of messages printing, communicating with printer, job completed. Still nothing happens. The only thing I can think of is that I have to set a user up through the options in system settings. When I checked past answers there was an option of allowing all users except as an option. That isn't availalbe on my options window. My internet connection is wired, not wireless and the sys admin says I should be able to print. I have the IP address of the printer, which shows up correctly in the printers properties page.

So my question is how to get the printer to print after it connects. My only guess is that I have to configure permissions somehow. Do I specify myself as "root" or as my name? Is there another answer? Previous answers didn't quite work for me and are a bit vague.

Thanks

Jojo