This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] wifi won't accept correct password?

bsheets84

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:01:20 am

please keep in mind, I am extremely new to linux, aside from loading it in virtualbox inside Vista and looking at diff distributions.

I've installed zorin os, selected the network (my own network) and yet it refuses to accept either password (i have one for internet only, and one for whole network and internet). I can connect with linux mint (live disc and full install), and the settings on there for my wireless network are exactly the same as i had set up on Zorin. I don't think it's a hardware issue, or i wouldn't be able to see the different networks out there. Whether i've loaded it from the live disc, or installed it tries to connect but keeps asking for the login password. i'm downright baffled how to fix matters, especially when the settings are correct.

bsheets84

Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:51:17 am

Now it works..

Entered the info, and after about 10 min a second network "xxxxx x" pops up in my wireless connections. (my network is xxxx) so i deleted the original one i was messing w and it works.. the info i typed on that first one is not showing on this. No opends ip (i checked my router, and i had set it up for open dns a while back) didnt need the bssid. And the device mac pops up automatically like always.

Not sure what happened but i cant complain.