This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Set default app in 6.1

Zoro1044

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:05:02 am

Hi Guys I have tried to set VLC as my default player for AVI type movies in system settings > default applications rather than Movie Player. After reset it keeps opening Movie player yet shows VLC as default setting. Very annoying.
Thanks in advance

Deacon

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37:07 am

Zoro1044 wrote:Hi Guys I have tried to set VLC as my default player for AVI type movies in system settings > default applications rather than Movie Player. After reset it keeps opening Movie player yet shows VLC as default setting. Very annoying.
Thanks in advance

This is generic advice, but it usually works.

If you have an .AVI file handy, click "Properties". On the top tab, look at the "open with" tab. It lists what type of player is defaulted. Change it to VLC if it is listed (should be) and close the tab.

Auldyin

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39:59 am

Hi Zoro1044

I'm still with 5.2 so not sure of later but right click on avi.file select Properties Open With and set preferred player. see pict. ---------------------------

def.png

Happy New Year Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Auldyin

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:45:33 am

Deacon

Great minds think alike.

Cheers Auldyin

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Deacon

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:21:59 am

Auldyin wrote:Deacon

Great minds think alike.

Cheers Auldyin

:geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Heh, if my mind was so great I wouldn't be reinstalling my system right now :oops:

agungaskcom

Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41:44 am

Still same like Auldyin said ;)

U only need to choose Set as default

Zoro1044

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:33:49 am

Happy New Year....Thanks to every one,, 6.1 is like our Govnmt ...you have to look hard for the real setup.

Agungaskcom: I am using your Conky on my laptop as it is a mall app. Can you check out my desktop app posted in your thread appreciate some input for the Gmail.

Thanks