This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Install Zorin on another, different computer

jojothehobo

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32:16 pm

Hi All:
I have Zorin 6 Ultimate installed on my computer and like it a lot. It has moved to my favorite distribution. I previously used Ubuntu and then Mint. I have installed a bunch of other packages and now have my computer set up just as I want it. What I would like to do is take my entire setup and install it to another computer. The other computer has different hardware (this is a desktop, my other machine is a laptop with different everything) than the one I am on now. There is no question about paying for another license fee, I would do so willingly and without question. I have an external hard drive with more than enough capacity.

My question is, can I do this? . I suspect I might have some driver issues, but I would hope there is a way to overcome them. Any thoughts on doing this?

Thanks

Jojo

jojothehobo

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:28:44 pm

Hi Swarfendorfer437;
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the reply. I'll give Clonezilla a try. I still have one question. When I do the cloning will it over write what is there (that is what I would like) or do I have to reformat first?

Actually, even if it doesn't over write there is enough space on the drive for both systems. That leads to another question, if it doesn't overwrite will I end up with a dual boot machine?

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Jojo

Auldyin

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26:39 pm

Hey jojo

Have a look at this old post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2278 it might work for you also.

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D